Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest snowflake outrage

Hurrah,

A victory, albeit a minor one, against a snowflake(s) who complained about the use of the phrase 'nitty gritty'.

Paywalled but the story is also in the DM etc.

Nitty-gritty is such a racist term that even the Blood & Honour bands wont have it in their lyrics. But Lindy Layton did. This cost her a place at the last Ian Stuart memorial gig, as they considered her too extreme. The Aryan Fest fcuked her off too. Why doesn't she just piss on Stephen Lawrence's grave and be done with?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Hurrah,

A victory, albeit a minor one, against a snowflake(s) who complained about the use of the phrase 'nitty gritty'.

Its in the Times
its been traced back as far as 1930
probably a little later than Slavery

Yrok Univeristy has pulled the image of three wise monkeys from their website, alongside a grovelling apology and promising to do better ???
oddly in Japan monekys are revered
and the image itself comes origionally from Japan and does not have any racist connotations
??

"A spokeswoman for the University of York said that the organisers of the online conference - Sensorial Fixations: Orality, Aurality, Opticality and Hapticity - were worried about accidentally insulting people."
The conference title says it all for me.

Its in the Times
its been traced back as far as 1930
probably a little later than Slavery
1930 is the first time it was seen in print. It wasn't until 2005 when someone at one of the earliest "diversification" courses at Bristol University mentioned it could be associated with slave ships but had never been linked like that before. It was, however, passed around the offended community as being the only way it could have originated. Before that, the phrase was associated with the stuff in the bottom of cattle trains but I suppose cows haven't got around to using Facebook yet.

Loads of things come about because someone gets it into their head that this "must be racist". A while back, in the USA of course, someone said the word picnic was actually to do with the lynching parties and gained loads of ground and was repeated over and over on the wonderful social media so, of course, it must be true.

Anyone can associate an innocuous phrase as having origins in the slave trade only for it to gain ground like wildfire and, soon, thousands upon thousands will be repeating it as if it is gospel.

Then again, some people go through life wanting to be offended by something.
How about starting a rumour that "snowflake" is racist because it refers to the slave masters who were generally white? Could sweep the internet in a couple of weeks and anyone being called snowflake will be looked on a a white supremacist.

Yeah they can’t say things with that much certainty. The ‘North Africa’ covers a lot of Mediterranean people who may of may not be considered black by today’s standards.

Indeed .. some morons, trying to show how Britain has been "multiracial" since Roman times use this Africans at Hadrian’s Wall (blackpast.org)
snip "Those who garrisoned the Wall for nearly three centuries were auxiliary units composed of non-citizens from throughout the Empire including the North African Moors.
During the reign of Emperor Septimius Severus, other African-born Romans were active in Britain. Eight African men had positions of command in the northern Roman legions. Other Africans held high rank as equestrian officers. Most Africans, however, were ordinary soldiers or slaves in the Army or to wealthy Roman officials. Moreover, the racially mixed Roman military force did not treat all troops equally. Auxiliary troops were often positioned in the front during battles and thus most likely to suffer injury or death. Nonetheless of the approximately 18,000 Roman soldiers stationed in Britain during the four centuries between 122 and 410 AD, when the Empire evacuated Britain, a small number of them were Africans by birth including those who stood guard and rebuilt sections of Hadrian’s Wall at the northwest edge of the vast Roman Empire."

1930 is the first time it was seen in print. It wasn't until 2005 when someone at one of the earliest "diversification" courses at Bristol University mentioned it could be associated with slave ships but had never been linked like that before. It was, however, passed around the offended community as being the only way it could have originated. Before that, the phrase was associated with the stuff in the bottom of cattle trains but I suppose cows haven't got around to using Facebook yet.

Loads of things come about because someone gets it into their head that this "must be racist". A while back, in the USA of course, someone said the word picnic was actually to do with the lynching parties and gained loads of ground and was repeated over and over on the wonderful social media so, of course, it must be true.

Anyone can associate an innocuous phrase as having origins in the slave trade only for it to gain ground like wildfire and, soon, thousands upon thousands will be repeating it as if it is gospel.

Then again, some people go through life wanting to be offended by something.
How about starting a rumour that "snowflake" is racist because it refers to the slave masters who were generally white? Could sweep the internet in a couple of weeks and anyone being called snowflake will be looked on a a white supremacist.

At this rate you won't be able to say "Your my wife now" without someone thinking it's racist

Nitty-gritty is such a racist term that even the Blood & Honour bands wont have it in their lyrics. But Lindy Layton did. This cost her a place at the last Ian Stuart memorial gig, as they considered her too extreme. The Aryan Fest fcuked her off too. Why doesn't she just piss on Stephen Lawrence's grave and be done with?
Who?

Who?

Hurrah,

Utterly ludicrous, how dare they put me in a position where I am in Laura's corner.
I shall complain to the BBC.

What about actual monkeys are they all racists or not ?

Hmm you'll be exhorted to do this next

1611497273445.png

I’m Welsh, and never knew that.( I always thought it was Butt, btw)
A friend of mine always writes 'byt' when he's calling a mate 'mate'.

Latest Threads