Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest snowflake outrage

Yokel

LE

What colour does the cat identify as?

It's still red, whether you can see it or not.

Is it? Surely it is everything but red if it is reflecting red light, and in the dark there is no light for it to reflect?

Colour is created by the brain depending on which receptors in the eye get stimulated by whatever wavelengths are presented in the light falling on the retina. As such black and white are colours.

Dont speak your mind
Craig Ross recorded a podcast last year in which he described food bank users as being more at risk of diabetes than starvation.

Strangely, every parent complaining about the free school-meal food parcels that has been interviewed on BBC and ITV news has been a huge bloater with pudgy, 'big-boned' children.
One was so fat that she could barely open her eyes, the pie-faced hog.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Is it? Surely it is everything but red if it is reflecting red light, and in the dark there is no light for it to reflect?

Colour is created by the brain depending on which receptors in the eye get stimulated by whatever wavelengths are presented in the light falling on the retina. As such black and white are colours.
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
Yes. Yes it does.

The answer is to be found in the King of Sciences - physics.

Orolith is correct when he says black and white are not colours. Again, physics supplies the answers.

Just because poorly educated peasants say what they see, doesn’t mean they are correct.

Mathematics is of course the language of physics and in the words of Robert Heinlein...

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best, he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear his shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.​

You are Penelope Pitstop and I claim my half crown. :)
No, more of a Gruesome Twosome (if I include the missus *) and the Creepy Coupe actually. :)

* It’s ok she’s out shopping.

If a man makes a comment in a forest and there are no women to hear him, is he still wrong?

Yokel

LE
Yes. Yes it does.

Orolith is correct when he says black and white are not colours. Again, physics supplies the answers.

Just because poorly educated peasants say what they see, doesn’t mean they are correct.

Mathematics is of course the language of physics and in the words of Robert Heinlein...

Who is Orolith?

Does colour actually exist, other that in what the brain and mind make of reflected light and the wavelengths thereof?

Any - what did Heinlein mean by 'cope with Mathematics'? What level of ability counts as coping? Interestingly, the same parts of the brain that deal with mathematics also deal with logical reasoning.

Whoever thought Facebook is consistent?

A group I help to run has had a number of warning for members posting pictures of swastiaks. Another group I'm in has hundreds of them, but has had no warnings.
Maybe because yours are painted in the blood of Red Sea pedestrians?

Can't see why the chink in the street should be any more annoyed being referred to as a China than I would be being referred to as a Pom or a Limey.
Or my good self being referred to as a Gwai Lo in Singers.

Yes. Yes it does.

Robert A. Heinlein walt

The original Blackadder's turn now.

1610885546996.png

The answer doesn't matter, there will always be a woman who tells you the answer is wrong

What would they say about this?

The above mentioned demographic got even more upset about this, possibly becasue it was a woman calling them out.

Siouxie said:
The jewel, the prize
Looking into your eyes
Cool pools drown your mind
What else will you find

I heard a rumour - it was just a rumour
I heard a rumour - what have you done to her
Myriad lights - they said I'd be impressed
Arabian Knights - at your primitive best

A tourist oasis - reflects in seedy sunshades
A monstrous oil tanker
Its wound bleeding in seas

Veiled behind screens
Kept as your baby machine
Whilst you conquer more orifices
Of boys, goats and things
Ripped out sheeps' eyes - no forks or knives

Myriad lights - they said I'd be impressed
Arabian Knights - at your primitive best

The above mentioned demographic got even more upset about this, possibly becasue it was a woman calling them out.
She did a (cracking) song about Israel too.

i remember that era being quite political about the Middle East in general - Human League did stuff about Palestine & Lebanon IIRC.

Latest Threads