Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest snowflake outrage

Last year Rihanna was getting it for 'cultural appropriation'. This year she is trying to 'get with the muslims innit' but that seems to have backfired a tadge also.

Yes, I know you probably don't care but it is a wet, windy Monday here and I am on the wagon (unfortunately).

Ah,yes... Hadiths, when the true word of God needs explaining because it was sent to a goat knobber and came out as gobbledygook.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
Ah,yes... Hadiths, when the true word of God needs explaining because it was sent to a goat knobber and came out as gobbledygook.
Thread drift admittedly but your reply made me dredge my memory (and then Google) with regards to this:

Cannot believe it was 26 years ago. I wonder if the same event had happend today if the results would have been so calm.

Thread drift off.

Thread drift admittedly but your reply made me dredge my memory (and then Google) with regards to this:

Cannot believe it was 26 years ago. I wonder if the same event had happend today if the results would have been so calm.

Thread drift off.

The same McDonalds that have a number of “restaurants” in Jeddah in the same Saudi Arabia? The one that has separate sections and entrances for males and females / kids? The one that has queues of citizens, that under normal circumstances would get the lash for farting out of tune, round the block 24/7? The one in the city that rounds up Westerners to be forcibly taken to watch female rape victims being stoned to death? The same city that is a hotbed of Islamic fundamentalism that reckons chucking gay people off the top of buildings is ok? The same city that has the King’s summer palace that covers about 25 acres?

The same Western influence that The Woke squeal on about being forced on the religion of peace, inclusivity, equality and shared wealth?

My mistake. I’m sure they’re talking about a different one.

The same McDonalds that have a number of “restaurants” in Jeddah in the same Saudi Arabia? The one that has separate sections and entrances for males and females / kids? The one that has queues of citizens, that under normal circumstances would get the lash for farting out of tune, round the block 24/7? The one in the city that rounds up Westerners to be forcibly taken to watch female rape victims being stoned to death? The same city that is a hotbed of Islamic fundamentalism that reckons chucking gay people off the top of buildings is ok? The same city that has the King’s summer palace that covers about 25 acres?

The same Western influence that The Woke squeal on about being forced on the religion of peace, inclusivity, equality and shared wealth?

Bradford?

UncivilServant

Old-Salt

What? Stoning of women? Why was I not rounded up and taken along?

A.N.Other

Old-Salt
Can someone explain to these poor, poor people how IT and image recognition systems work?

Just because the recognition algorithm has issues with dark skin does not mean it is proof of systemic racism. Dark skin may make it difficult to pick out landmarks on the skin. The contrasting colour between lips and skin in the photo in the article is such that it identifies the lips as teeth. Poor coding of the algorithm. Insufficient testing. Poor machine learning input by humans if they're using AI and so on.

Any one of these could explain the poor performance. Jumping straight to systemic racism is playing the victim, short sighted and bloody unfair.

Edited for spelling

Londo

LE
Can someone explain to these poor, poor people how IT and image recognition systems work?

Just because the recognition algorithm has issues with dark skin does not mean it is proof of systemic racism. Dark skin may make it difficult to pick out landmarks on the skin. The contrasting colour between lips and skin in the photo in the article is such that it identifies the lips as teeth. Poor coding of the algorithm. Insufficient testing. Poor machine learning input by humans if they're using AI and so on.

Any one of these could explain the poor performance. Jumping straight to systemic racism is playing the victim, short sighted and bloody unfair.

Edited for spelling
At least the AI was polite enough not to inform her she has a face like a baboons arrse .

How is it even possible in the first instance?
1602160123575.png

Or..." How to get 4 through an airport on one Passport.":)

Edited for spelling

It's not my field, I'm a data guy, but yes there's a whole raft of technical issues related to image processing an image source with different tones and highlights. Long before we get to the proposition that it was deliberately biased against BAME females by a racist patriarchy....

A.N.Other

Old-Salt
It's not my field, I'm a data guy, but yes there's a whole raft of technical issues related to image processing an image source with different tones and highlights. Long before we get to the proposition that it was deliberately biased against BAME females by a racist patriarchy....
Exactly. I'm involved in an AI image processing project (not facial recognition or passport). When you say AI people think of super intelligent systems which can do anything. In reality they're like a brain damaged jack Russel terrier. They cannot function without a human and piss over everything.

AI is a myth. We are nowhere near AI. We just have a load of logic rules defined by humans which allow the system to "learn" (refine the rules) based on humans teaching it and giving it examples.

Machine Learning is the correct term.

Award of The Snowflake Medal (Basic Award) - re-stilly
View attachment 503934
Citation
Date of Action/Outrage 26 August 2020
re-stilly went above and beyond the call of duty by fomenting outrage on something that is very unlikely to happen - and even if it did would just upset people rather than causing any lasting harm. (It is pertinent to state that the removal of battle honours would not be harmful to the natives shot and would improve the business outcomes of tailors across the UK.)
His deft use of opinion combined with little understanding of wider issues is to be commended as his ability to melt with very little provocation.
This is a first level award and it is likely that further outrages wil see him rise swiftly up the Snowflake Meritocracy.

Try telling that to the RGBW when they merged into 1 Rifles.

I dare you.

Edited for spelling
But that wouldn't fit in with the "everything is racist" narrative would it now.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
AI is a myth. We are nowhere near AI. We just have a load of logic rules defined by humans which allow the system to "learn" (refine the rules) based on humans teaching it and giving it examples.

Machine Learning is the correct term.

I have always believed that AI is an oxymoron.

I will just leave this here.

Perhaps some dits on your Army/School/other half's catering ensembles would assist this young lady in the true horrors that await her in the big world.

Won't somebody think of the children.

Bacon flavour crisps...

I wonder if she means Frazzles: the meat flavoured, vegetarian crispish crisps.

Well this weeks snowflake outrage in a shocking turn of events is Malala Yousafzai who publicly supported her university friend who is a Tory, she did actually say it wasn't a political post but was just supporting a friend, however the Leftwaffe who thought she was one of theirs have flipped their lids and are tearing her a new one on Twitter
20201015_205443.jpg

Latest Threads