Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest snowflake outrage

Is that not reserved for journalists that work for the Guardian?
Not just the Guardian. There was an article I saw recently about a Chinook in which a mention was made of the 'helicopter rotas'.

Found it - What that 'wokka wokka' sound above Gloucestershire was "Chinooks are affectionately nicknamed Wokkas after the sound its rotas make."

I always thought the noise was down to the massive rotor blades and engines but apparently it was the squadron flight lists. Every day a school day.

Not just the Guardian. There was an article I saw recently about a Chinook in which a mention was made of the 'helicopter rotas'.

Found it - What that 'wokka wokka' sound above Gloucestershire was "Chinooks are affectionately nicknamed Wokkas after the sound its rotas make."

I always thought the noise was down to the massive rotor blades and engines but apparently it was the squadron flight lists. Every day a school day.

If you consult the ‘nominal role’ you could probably find out who was driving too :)

Carbon 6

War Hero

Aren't 'rotas' some type of ethnic Caribbean dish?

Yokel

LE

Are you still allowed to take away from students who spell chemical or equipment names incorrectly, or at least get the red pen out, or is that seen as too aggressive and old fashioned?

At Uni I attended an out of hours lecture on report writing, which included a comment about using the wrong words. Even Engineering undergraduates confuse 'Silicon' and 'Silicone'.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

War Hero

Sexton Blake

War Hero
It sounds like a reasonable complaint - the University should cater for students with dietary requirements whether that is medical or religious, or indeed anything else. Why serve Ham or Bacon to anyone who ticks the vegetarian box? Would you expect someone with a peanut allergy to enjoy a peanut butter sandwich and a Snickers?

It does sound like they are being charged for the meals, so I think she has a point.
I agree with you in that she does have a point.

My post was more within the context of the thread title and the assumption that she could have dealt with this without the need for a Daily Mail Compo face/article.

She is right, you are too and I am seem to be morphing into a Liberal.

I will now attack my second bottle of vino Esperanto.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
Your own petard’s what?

“For ’tis the sport to have the engineer
Hoist with his own petard; and ’t shall go hard
But I will delve one yard below their mines
And blow them at the moon.”

Best sapper quote in Shakespeare :)
It was a poor attempt at an acknowledgement of my use of a grocers apostrophe.

I shall now step away from the internet’s’. And the vino’s.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
I know, it’s just one of my favourite Shakespeare quotes...:)
Here are 2 of my favourite Shakespeare quotes, the second one being very apt for the delightful yet so wronged young lady in question:

'Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry God for Harry, Snowflake and Saint George'

'The snowflake doth protest too much. me thinks'

Last edited:

I had previously thought it was the comment from someone hearing one for the first time. ie wokka fuk is that noise?

I will just leave this here.

Perhaps some dits on your Army/School/other half's catering ensembles would assist this young lady in the true horrors that await her in the big world.

Won't somebody think of the children.

Fair enough. In this day and age, there should be vegetarian and halal options. Mindja, the food did look a bit shit.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
A Chinese edition magazine is accused of cultural appropriation of the Chinese, I think...

Rihanna accused of cultural appropriation over Harper's Bazaar China magazine cover

Good of Sky to tell everyone the breaking news on instagram.
Last year Rihanna was getting it for 'cultural appropriation'. This year she is trying to 'get with the muslims innit' but that seems to have backfired a tadge also.

Yes, I know you probably don't care but it is a wet, windy Monday here and I am on the wagon (unfortunately).

Last year Rihanna was getting it for 'cultural appropriation'. This year she is trying to 'get with the muslims innit' but that seems to have backfired a tadge also.

Yes, I know you probably don't care but it is a wet, windy Monday here and I am on the wagon (unfortunately).

Some people really are a bit thin skinned. Like the world doesn't have any other problems.
Or is there a distinct lack of real news?

Some people really are a bit thin skinned. Like the world doesn't have any other problems.
Or is there a distinct lack of real news?
Its a shit news outlet quoting Twitter. 99% of stories involving Facebook\Twitter\Instagram are just bollocks to fill pages in their rags.You can find people outraged about anything on those platforms.

Well, at least WhiteLaw have never been accused of cultural misappropriation.

1601936339759.png

Latest Threads