Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest snowflake outrage

Nice bit of snowflakery here, nothing is sacred:

"Distant cosmic objects such as planets, galaxies, and nebulae are sometimes referred to by the scientific community with unofficial nicknames. As the scientific community works to identify and address systemic discrimination and inequality in all aspects of the field, it has become clear that certain cosmic nicknames are not only insensitive, but can be actively harmful. NASA is examining its use of unofficial terminology for cosmic objects as part of its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As an initial step, NASA will no longer refer to planetary nebula NGC 2392, the glowing remains of a Sun-like star that is blowing off its outer layers at the end of its life, as the “Eskimo Nebula.” “Eskimo” is widely viewed as a colonial term with a racist history, imposed on the indigenous people of Arctic regions. Most official documents have moved away from its use. NASA will also no longer use the term “Siamese Twins Galaxy” to refer to NGC 4567 and NGC 4568, a pair of spiral galaxies found in the Virgo Galaxy Cluster. Moving forward, NASA will use only the official, International Astronomical Union designations in cases where nicknames are inappropriate."
Taken from here:

renamed.jpg

Dread

LE
So all you've got to do is self identify as a woman and get an extra 10 days holiday, just turn up to work wearing a tiara and job jobbed, and may Aunt Irma be forever granting you extra days off
It's not that easy. It's India. To self-identify as a woman you have to allow yourself to be sexually abused or raped every time you use public transport.

A quick thread search failed to bring this one up.

'The British government's computer security gurus have announced they will stop using the terms whitelisting and blacklisting in their online documentation.

'The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), part of GCHQ, said on Friday it would, following a request from a customer, eliminate the terms when describing including and excluding specific applications, websites, weak or leaked passwords, and so on.

'Instead, it will use the terms "allow list" and "deny list" in material published on its website.

'The aim, said NCSC head of advice and guidance Emma W, is to avoid linking "black" with bad and "white" with good, and the racial connotations they carry.

"From now on, the NCSC will use 'allow list' and 'deny list' in place of 'whitelist' and 'blacklist' on our website. Which, in fact, is clearer and less ambiguous," said Emma.

"So as well as being more inclusive of all, this is a net benefit to our web content. We are editing our guidance across the website to update the terms, but if you do spot any in the meantime then please do contact us."

I see the snowflakes are getting all upset by 100s (100s I tell you) of people entering the country.

Apparently this means the end of civilisation as we know it.

Of course, we could let them get jobs, pay tax and then the self-obsessed concerned of the Daily Mail will be able to have their pension paid and their free BBC license Without their own children having to lift a finger.

And as they’re all highly skilled professionals they’ll be on higher rate tax too. Winner!

I see the snowflakes are getting all upset by 100s (100s I tell you) of people entering the country.

Apparently this means the end of civilisation as we know it.

I'd suspect more gammon than snowflake.

r.jpg

Last edited:
Gammons are just middle-aged snowflakes.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
What the **** is he carrying?
Hard to say for sure, but could he have found a more perfect weapon to come bursting out of his car with?

I'm fairly certain the eejits that he's terrifying asked the same question with a tad more. . . .urgency.

Well that's solved, though why you'd keep it in the car I have no idea.

Cultural, innit.

During the riots in SA in the '80s, cops tried to stop the antagonists rolling up armed and murdering each other. Big row kicked up by the usual suspects because the weapons were cultural and they demanded the right to carry them.

Shrugs all round and leave them to it.

NSP

LE
Well that's solved, though why you'd keep it in the car I have no idea.
Well, you never know when you are going to pass by some anti-social, property-damaging, workshy, soap-dodging, fascistic Commie bastards, do you...?

I would go to see that. I bet Shakespeare's works could be made into rap lyrics. Only yesterday there was an English teacher on the TV expressing regret that a lot of poetry is temporarily bring removed from the GCSE English syllabus.

By the way, are you sure the William Tell story involves some putting an apple on their head?
Been done, if it get's children reading the source material I suppose it has value.

Latest Threads