Latest snowflake outrage

Here's some snowflake outrage from my uber lefty acquaintance on Facebook this morning. Considering Japan ignored the Potsdam declaration calling for their surrender I don't know how he thinks they could have been made to surrender by other means and casualties would have been far higher on both sides had a land invasion of mainland Japan gone ahead.
View attachment 494921
I'd just say, "Wow! After 75 years, they're STILL squinting from the flash!"

Some hoo-hah in the Grauniad about the racist Rex Whistler mural in the restaurant. Good news is that it's Grade-1 listed so cant be painted over, I would say whitewashed but that would no doubt lead to trouble.

What's interesting as well is the Tate's own page about the mural. It refers to the British affection for Chinoiserie as an appropriation. Knew my grandmother's Willow Pattern stuff meant she was a racist. Then again as anyone ostensibly white but with a slightly dusky hue was referred to as having "a touch of the tar brush" she probably was ;)
Oh dear. I must be beyond the pale, as I have a setting for 8 with Willow pattern.

offog

LE
Yes, hence whitey appropriated Chinese motifs.
But it was done by the Chinese to sell to us so we didn't appropriated it the Chinese saw a marketing opportunity for better sales.

We also appropriated paper and porcelains, should I burn all my money and books and smash the best china? What about the Chinese copying our cars and ships.

And those pesky Japanese are now making good whiskey.

1596821664002.png

I could give a flying fcuk if some black chick wants to dance like Michal Flattley.

However:

She described it as "A dance of oppression" and those comments ' . . . . . . . come from people who don't understand the term.'

So, she's all for the woke shite but not when it's aimed at her. This is the world that's being created by your cohorts cupcake, now shut up and deal with the comments like everyone else has to.
If she'd called out cultural appropriation for the shash that it is i'd have some sympathy.
I gave her the benefit of the doubt.

Everything she knows about Irish Dance will have been taught to her by American Irish... ie Americans. And they're f*cking clueless about their own ancestry.

And the term 'cultural appropriation' is indeed very misunderstood... by woke c*nts who think communism is fandabbydozy. It started as a term for, for example, a sacred mark being used in fashion. Now it's used for cornrowing your hear. This is what happens when you allow thick people to get in to higher education instead of working them hard so that they're little brains don't have the energy to come up with such drivel.

re the Willow Pattern. Grandad brought this back from one of his trips to the Far East. Granny refused to display it in her house.

IMG_0015.jpeg

Here's a thought. How long before our own dearly beloved* @Accidental_discharge will be forced by the powers of woke to change his avatar?

*I lied about the dearly beloved

Are biscuits racist yet ?

As I've got half a packet of Bourbon creams in the cupboard and I want to use them up before they are deemed symbols of white supremacy .

Don’t know, but Gypsy Creams would be treading on dangerous ground ;)

endure

GCM

As I've got half a packet of Bourbon creams in the cupboard and I want to use them up before they are deemed symbols of white supremacy .

Bourbons are a bit dodgy - brown on the outside - white on the inside. You could always lick them into dissolution and claim homosexual privilege :mrgreen:

offog

LE

Steady on, don't lose your head over it. It's only a noisy crowd, nothing to worry about.

Bourbons represent black unity, 3 layers all side by side working together.

Oreo cookies on the other hand . . . . . . they just symbolise the white man dividing the brothers and stopping them working together.

Custard Creams are pure white supremacy.

Yokel

LE

As long as they are not white chocolate creams they should be alright to eat. Just never eat white chocolate digestives and dip them in black coffee.

Steady on, don't lose your head over it. It's only a noisy crowd, nothing to worry about.
Lose your head? Is it the French Revolution or something?

Bourbons represent black unity, 3 layers all side by side working together.

Oreo cookies on the other hand . . . . . . they just symbolise the white man dividing the brothers and stopping them working together.

Custard Creams are pure white supremacy.
You could probably write a paper on the way that biscuits represent white privilege and the hetronormative patriarchy.

I just made the big mistake of Googling " racist biscuits "

Guess what they call Brazil Nuts in Alberta?

Pink wafers are a no. The LGB-Alphabet don’t like it. Stereotyping, apparently.

Jammy Dodgers are out. The feminists & trans had a hair pulling Barney over them as they represent the fact that only real women bleed.

Custard creams are obviously far right, so they’re out.

A peak Freens assortment may be ok as long as there’s not an uneven ratio of brown & cream ones. It’s a grey area. Jury is firmly out.

An Italian was approached re the Garibaldi, but he threw a wobbler, started shouting some jibber jabber whilst waving his arms about & rode off on a moped wearing a 2 grand suit & deck shoes.

Looks like chocolate digestives are the only acceptable biccy, as long as the brown bit remains on the top. Oh, and they’re stored in a breathable box, naturally.

Last edited:
Bourbons are a bit dodgy - brown on the outside - white on the inside. You could always lick them into dissolution and claim homosexual privilege :mrgreen:
I think you’ve failed your biscuit recognition course. That sounds like an Oreo.

Bourbons don’t have white cream.

Brown biscuits matter.