Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest snowflake outrage

They are it allows the orchestras to select those who play best irrespective of age race and gender. Unfortunately, for the woke, the equality of opportunity doesn't give the desired equality of outcome.
So in the middle of the William Tell overture some rapper shambles on stage:
" Yo, lil n***er with an apple his head, fool shot too low an kilt him ded".

Yokel

LE
So in the middle of the William Tell overture some rapper shambles on stage:
" Yo, lil n***er with an apple his head, fool shot too low an kilt him ded".

I would go to see that. I bet Shakespeare's works could be made into rap lyrics. Only yesterday there was an English teacher on the TV expressing regret that a lot of poetry is temporarily bring removed from the GCSE English syllabus.

By the way, are you sure the William Tell story involves some putting an apple on their head?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure someone like Zuma with his stolen millions will be seeing an invitation drop through the door long before I do, despite his being unable to differentiate between Rachmaninoff and Sibelius.

Was the first his Soviet handler, and the second his secret banker?

Chimp

ADC
Perfect Karen example:

Neighbour from hell: Ex army officer faces £23,000 bill after tirade of abuse against neighbours - The Sunday Post

In fairness Karen Russell said:” It’s all been lies. I think this has been done to get me out of my property. I’m ex military police, an ex army officer. The sheriff has taken the decision to take the word of two unemployed eastern Europeans over me.” :boogie::judge:
Monkey. Like anyone cares.
[/QUOTE]
It could always lead to a review of any cases she was involved in with non-British Service personnel, so they might...

By the way, are you sure the William Tell story involves some putting an apple on their head?
Shooting an apple off one's child's head, also known as apple-shot (from German Apfelschuss) is a feat of marksmanship with a bowor crossbow that occurs as a motif in a number of legends in Germanic folklore (and has been connected with non-European folklore). In the Stith Thompson Motif Index it is F661.3, described as "Skillful marksman shoots apple from man's head" or "apple shot from man's head",[1] though it always occurs in the form of the marksman being ordered to shoot an apple (or occasionally another smaller object) off his own son's head. It is best known as William Tell's feat.[2]
Wikipedia.

Niamac

GCM
Surely blind auditions would be fairest auditions?
That's why I stopped reading the New York Times. In this article the writer supports a bias based on race and I can't be having that. Sure put extra effort into bringing forward minority group musicians but they have to face the same selection. Sorry but the NYT is wrong.

Meritocracy is colour-blind and I want the best. Anyway who said 'Wagner's music is much better than it sounds'?

Here's some snowflake outrage from my uber lefty acquaintance on Facebook this morning. Considering Japan ignored the Potsdam declaration calling for their surrender I don't know how he thinks they could have been made to surrender by other means and casualties would have been far higher on both sides had a land invasion of mainland Japan gone ahead.
Screenshot_20200806-095248_Facebook.jpg

Here's some snowflake outrage from my uber lefty acquaintance on Facebook this morning. Considering Japan ignored the Potsdam declaration calling for their surrender I don't know how he thinks they could have been made to surrender by other means and casualties would have been far higher on both sides had a land invasion of mainland Japan gone ahead.
View attachment 494921
Doesn't matter to these people. Everything the West does is bad, and if it involves white, heterosexual men then that is just off the scale.

View attachment 494921

yeah this would have been much better.... :

Chimp

ADC
View attachment 494921
Sad to say nuanced argument is being killed off by soshul meeja . This is another example of polarity in society. You are either “for me or agin me”. Same on all (both?) sides - no middle ground no decent discourse. ARRSE is a bit of an exception.

Idle reposting of American or other posts assumed to be British is the norm. The Share/I dare you to share mentality pits one view against all other.

When challenged by the trope: “Veterans should get houses before illegal immigrants” I respond that a) illegal immigrants have no entitlement and b) are you including veterans who are convicted murderers and rapists. Having lit the blue touch paper the subsequent outrage is often grammatically flawed and anatomically impossible.

Last edited:

Latest Threads