Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest snowflake outrage

aardvark64

War Hero
Beethoven identified as black.

He was German, therefore racist and probably a Nazi. QED.

Only white cisgendered hetrosexual male liberals can be Nazis now, get with the program

Of course it is, I've never heard of a famous black composer.
I hope you don't have a statue of yourself anywhere my dear chap, 'cause after that remark, it's a goner.

I hope you don't have a statue of yourself anywhere my dear chap, 'cause after that remark, it's a goner.
No statues. There's probably some offensive graffiti scratched into a desk somewhere but I don't think that counts.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Of course it is, I've never heard of a famous black composer.

The main reason being that most people do not like the sound of continuous bongo type drums.

ROMFT

Old-Salt
Music is racist

Not every claim of racism is "snowflake outrage", it can still be true sometimes, you don't have to be a supporter of the BLM movement to be able to acknowledge this.
In this case she is saying that the snob percentage in the monied side of classical music is exclusionist, both on grounds of race & class.
In this case i can well believe it's true.

Not being invited to Nicole Kidman's soirees is exclusionist too. Nothing to do with me being skint and on the wrong side of the planet.

I'd say the exclusionism among the classical music mob has little, if nothing to do with race. It's just how folks who move in those circles roll. Show up filthy rich and showing an interest and I'm sure the invitation to be a patron of the arts will be forthcoming. Can't see them inviting me to their knees ups either. Probably want me to wear shoes or something.

Some people are just spring loaded to look for shit, drama or problems in everything.

Only white cisgendered hetrosexual male liberals can be Nazis now, get with the program

Chimp

ADC
Music is racist

The music isn't racist ffs! It is the attitude of the people who listen to it. A really stupid headline from an otherwise interesting piece.

Not every claim of racism is "snowflake outrage", it can still be true sometimes, you don't have to be a supporter of the BLM movement to be able to acknowledge this.
In this case she is saying that the snob percentage in the monied side of classical music is exclusionist, both on grounds of race & class.
In this case i can well believe it's true.
This woman married Simon Rattle, a very well known classical music conductor. Any connection to racist classical music obviously passed by her at that time.
She calls herself a political activist, this could suit an agenda she may have. This 'story' has come from her perception that because someone apparently asked her about her connection to the Barbican she was somehow unwelcome and should not have been there. Without knowing the whole story and if indeed it actually happened, we'll never really know.

Dread

LE
That's because all the honkeys and the crackers stole the music from them at the same time that they were stealing Wakanda. Didn't you know that both Mozart and Beethoven were black and took all their inspiration from Africa?

There are quite a few: 9 black composers who changed the course of classical music history

I'm surprised nobody has claimed that Winston Churchill was black, he was called Winston, how many white people do you know called Winston?

That's because all the honkeys and the crackers stole the music from them at the same time that they were stealing Wakanda. Didn't you know that both Mozart and Beethoven were black and took all their inspiration from Africa?

There are quite a few: 9 black composers who changed the course of classical music history
See? That's what happens when everyone rushes to Wikipaedia for the answer.

I daresay there were classical gigs played in Germany in the 30s and 40s, with more Nazis in the crowd than at any Blood & Honour gig. There would also have been classical gigs in Soviet Russia, with more communists in the crowd than at any CND or Rock Against Racism gig. I doubt there were many black faces in the audiences.

Maybe the fash will try this trick at the next Ian Stuart Memorial gig. All the bands travel together on the same coach, and if they are stopped by plod, they can try and pass themselves off as the Bermondsey Symphony Orchestra, or WhiteLaw can say they are the Heanor Chamber Music Quartet.

Latest Threads