Latest snowflake outrage

Yokel

LE
The author has a pretty eclectic mix of subject areas:

The whole article is obviously written from the point of view of someone who has no idea about architecture and engineering.
This bit in particular amused me:

So a cities snowplough schedule that is designed to enable everyone to be able to get to work and school is there for the benefit of women only?
The entire article is simply an anti-male rant. She's drunk the cool-aid and gone back for seconds whilst adding ice and vodka.
Mount Allison University? What a terrible name for an educational establishment. Promoting the idea that a woman exists solely for the pleasure of a man. Worse - the name talks of a woman being mounted by a man and having no control over sex.

It was probably set up by men too.

I know... my days of minesweeping the port at Mess do's are long gone... :-(

If you were successful & swigged a lot, did you get the really bad hangover that often goes with Port?
Its caused mainly by the fact that it has a higher alcohol content than wine and matures with all the bits of wood, skin etc left in.
From a wine expert ..
Assessing the impact on the cerebral hemispheres of over indulging. Port, after all, can be a dangerously drinkable drop.
Why is Port so drinkable? Cutting to the chase, it is the sweetness of flavour and silkiness of texture that glide effortlessly over the palate, which make having 'just one more sip' so unbelievably tempting.
There are the above mentioned, two drinkable elements of Port which conveniently mask the 19% alcohol. More importantly, they equally mask the corrosive elements of the chemical stew, captured by the Port makers, which is capable of keeping a great Vintage Port alive for 50 years plus, after it is bottled. We encompass in the single word ‘maturation’ what happens during the decades in a bottle, where sediment is formed. The sediment is mainly the coagulation of tannins but includes a lengthy list of chemical changes which take from the wine a vast proportion of its masked acidity and tannins. Lots of other molecules combine and form ever more complex items such as esters and aldehydes."

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
If you were successful & swigged a lot, did you get the really bad hangover that often goes with Port?
Its caused mainly by the fact that it has a higher alcohol content than wine and matures with all the bits of wood, skin etc left in.
From a wine expert ..
Assessing the impact on the cerebral hemispheres of over indulging. Port, after all, can be a dangerously drinkable drop.
Why is Port so drinkable? Cutting to the chase, it is the sweetness of flavour and silkiness of texture that glide effortlessly over the palate, which make having 'just one more sip' so unbelievably tempting.
There are the above mentioned, two drinkable elements of Port which conveniently mask the 19% alcohol. More importantly, they equally mask the corrosive elements of the chemical stew, captured by the Port makers, which is capable of keeping a great Vintage Port alive for 50 years plus, after it is bottled. We encompass in the single word ‘maturation’ what happens during the decades in a bottle, where sediment is formed. The sediment is mainly the coagulation of tannins but includes a lengthy list of chemical changes which take from the wine a vast proportion of its masked acidity and tannins. Lots of other molecules combine and form ever more complex items such as esters and aldehydes."
Your expert missed out the fact that port goes very well with brandy whether as an accompaniment with chocolate or not.

I think I remember that a German ice cream dipped in chocolate was named after his dog.
‘Neggerküssen’ which means what it looks like. Now known as ‘Shockokuss‘ or ‘Super Dickmanns’. Marshmallow not ice cream filled.
Now you know...

And it ain't much better now judging by the charity ads on telly!
Yeah, but their water rates are mega cheap, £6 a month to provide water for an entire village, when ‘Yorkshire Theiving B*stards Water’ want £600 a year for one house...

From a wine expert ..
Maybe from the stuff that the Portuguese make, but other fortified wines don't tend to have that effect, well not on me anyway.

The Aussie make fortified wine, and many years ago were officially banned from calling it "Port". The cellar doors still sell it in bulk usually in 5 or 10 litre containers and it ranges from $5 a litre to $10 or more for the premium stuff with an alc/vol usually around 18%. I have a 9 litre barrel in the kitchen which I bottle half of it every six months or so and top up with fresh. Haven't had any ill effects yet,

I know... my days of minesweeping the port at Mess do's are long gone... :-(
I went to a few RAF mess do's, rather than mine sweep they brought to Port to the Army table

Tyk

LE
I have the distinct feeling that this is in the UK now...

That truly is terrifying and assuming it has at least a grain of truth it's deeply racist. The clowns in Seattle responsible for that should be taken to task, ideally with a grenade up the fundament.

Nikki Hayley

According to Woke Guardian reporter Nikki Hayley could run for the Republican nomination in 2024 but like Priti Patel is the wrong sort of BAME. Claims that Priti went into a rant at a black Labour MP about race. She must have watched a different video to me because I saw that Priti was very measured and calm and put said black Labour MP firmly in her place.

And the MSM whinge when they get accused of fake news.

A 'reverse ferret' for the muppets who pulled down Edward Colston's statue last month:
View attachment 489008
That's a pretty good wheeze. I wonder who thought that one up? :? Jimmy the Pedophile is the new hero of the mob. I'll bet he didn't contribute one farthing to the good works in the Bristol area before he died; yet Edward Colston's contributions are no longer acceptable as he made his pile through the slave trade. Some woke heads are exploding, but no brains are coming out of them. Something smelly and brown, more likely.

That truly is terrifying and assuming it has at least a grain of truth it's deeply racist. The clowns in Seattle responsible for that should be taken to task, ideally with a grenade up the fundament.
The white liberal advocators of this need to lead by example. Resign your job, home and wealth to a person of colour, or shut the **** up. I would happily pay the local black gang bangers to enrich these scum, with life-changing injuries.
By the way, it was great to hear about the CHAZ mob paying that dippy so-called mayor a home visit. Shame the didnt steam in and enrich the bitch properly.

Your expert missed out the fact that port goes very well with brandy whether as an accompaniment with chocolate or not.

My bold Ahem .. Port is made USING BRANDY .. " Winemakers add the brandy evenly into the Port wine so the yeasts “go to sleep” calmly. Most Port producers use about 30% brandy to reach the legal minimum of 17.5 ABV."

I was fortunate enough to have been invited to visit one of the major Port lodges in Villa de Nova Gaia to see how Port was produced including an overnight stay at the main Quinta (estate) in the Douro valley.
Needless to say the tastings of some of their classic vintages was lovely, I even tried the famous 1947 vintage which was superb. Even then the cost was high, now you'd be lucky to find one for much below £500 - £600 a bottle from a reputable wine merchant, sadly I finished my last great port, a Dow's '60 about 12 years ago and unless I won the lottery couldn't justify buying one now!

‘Neggerküssen’ which means what it looks like. Now known as ‘Shockokuss‘ or ‘Super Dickmanns’. Marshmallow not ice cream filled.
Now you know...
I also remember ‘Ice Niger’ which is a vanilla ice cream cone then dipped in liquid chocolate. Instant choc ice.

Latest Threads