Latest snowflake outrage

Chess is now racist, you must not discuss how to take out the black

You can have your chess pieces in any colour you like. Same with draughts, backgammon, and other board games. And who says the board has to be black and white check?

What will happen if the cops lawyer brings in a load of white criminals who state that the cop used the same choke hold on them and they didn't die?
The other side will wheel out people like me who teach this stuff (well used to) to point out that chokes and strangles aren't restraints, they are man fight stoppers that carry risks(1) that should limit(2) them to conditions where serious injury or death are likely. And further these risks escalate with poor skill(3) in application and duration(4).

(1) fluctuations in heart rate and blood pressure; Reaction to adrenaline; post action tissue swelling; in action tissue collapse; torsion and compression damage to the skeletal structures of the neck, cerebral hypoxia.
(2) in a real fight not practice
(3)What killed Eric Garner
(4) What Killed George Floyd : A well executed strangle should put your man opponent down in 5-10 seconds... If you drag a closed strangle past 3 minutes your subject will start to experience brain damage and death.. a partial strangle takes longer but will get there in the end... NB interfering with the blood flow in the Carotid arteries and Jugular veins doesn't stop air passing across the larynx and prevent speech.

Edited for Gender Neutrality

Last edited:
The BBC gave out the now customary warning that “the programme is 50 years old and reflects the culture and language of the time”. The prog in question was The Navy Lark and apart from a bit of Union bashing, all I could find was reference to Welsh Independence meaning Leading Seaman Goldstein could be deported and PO Pertwee calling him the Caernarfon Clown! Not exactly bad.

Also a letter in today’s Telegraph wonders when the zealots will call for Guy Gibson to be stripped of his VC due to the name of his dog. I believe there is a memorial to said hound at RAF Scampton. I don’t see much future for it when the base closes.

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
The BBC gave out the now customary warning that “the programme is 50 years old and reflects the culture and language of the time”. The prog in question was The Navy Lark and apart from a bit of Union bashing, all I could find was reference to Welsh Independence meaning Leading Seaman Goldstein could be deported and PO Pertwee calling him the Caernarfon Clown! Not exactly bad.

Also a letter in today’s Telegraph wonders when the zealots will call for Guy Gibson to be stripped of his VC due to the name of his dog. I believe there is a memorial to said hound at RAF Scampton. I don’t see much future for it when the base closes.

Paint it white and rename it Wigger........ ?

Dread

LE
Well apparently I'm a racist bigot for posting this on Facebook and saying that this is the ultimate aim of BLM: race war, disharmony, chaos and the conditions to impose communism.

offog

LE

I think I remember that a German ice cream dipped in chocolate was named after his dog.

Tyk

LE
Well apparently I'm a racist bigot for posting this on Facebook and saying that this is the ultimate aim of BLM: race war, disharmony, chaos and the conditions to impose communism.

Well that's interesting.

His demands appear to be either the whole of Texas (I have a feeling quite a few Texans may have something to say about that) or being able to leave the country. I suspect that the US Government would have zero objections to a bunch of highly militant people of his mindset leaving the USA for good.
I wonder where they'd like to go to create their particular utopia, what the existing locals would say about it and just how long it would take for the whole scenario to go yo utter ratshit.

offog

LE
Well that's interesting.

His demands appear to be either the whole of Texas (I have a feeling quite a few Texans may have something to say about that) or being able to leave the country. I suspect that the US Government would have zero objections to a bunch of highly militant people of his mindset leaving the USA for good.
I wonder where they'd like to go to create their particular utopia, what the existing locals would say about it and just how long it would take for the whole scenario to go yo utter ratshit.
Zimbabwe was my first though, it couldn't be any worse and may make an improvement although the Chinese may not see it that way.

Dread

LE
Ghana has offered to give citizenship to any black American who wants to return to Africa. Likewise Liberia was founded by Americans for the express purpose of giving a place in Africa to all freed slaves who wanted to go back. Very few did, because in those days they knew how bad disease was and how hard it was to live in Africa.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ghana has offered to give citizenship to any black American who wants to return to Africa. Likewise Liberia was founded by Americans for the express purpose of giving a place in Africa to all freed slaves who wanted to go back. Very few did, because in those days they knew how bad disease was and how hard it was to live in Africa.
And it ain't much better now judging by the charity ads on telly!

Latest Threads