Latest snowflake outrage

Our village on the Isle of Wight has three pubs - The Dairyman's Daughter, The White Lion and The Fighting Cocks.

I can see potential trouble for all of them when they re-open; the first can be assumed to mean that a daughter belongs to a dairyman (cue feminist outrage), the second has offensive racist overtones and the third offends the animal rights brigade.

And how long before "Wight" gets BLM into a tizzy?

The loonies have surely taken over the asylum. (Whoops, I didn't really mean loonies.........}
Not only does the Fighting Cocks in Gosport have fighting cocks on the sign, the sign was printed on beer mugs for a beer festival some years back. Thus atrocities are perpetuated.

Interestingly, Black Boy is actually a reference to Charles II himself - due to his black hair / wig / eyes. So not originally 'racist' at all. 'Kingest' at most.

Interestingly, Black Boy is actually a reference to Charles II himself - due to his black hair / wig / eyes. So not originally 'racist' at all. 'Kingest' at most.
So when he was on the run after the battle of Worcester (the latter one), soldiers were asked to hunt down a black boy? We are thus perpetuating the racism that pervades our society and the sooner Meghan is invited to become our Queen we can write some wrongs.

My email to Suzanna Reid highlighting this and suggesting that as she constantly reminds me is a journalist, she should do some research before offering her cringeworthy opinions has thus far gone unanswered.

It was more about his sexual magnetism and collection of laydees - many of whom literally asked "me too".....

Londo

LE
Of course they flow in a circle or they would flow off the end of the Earth. Wouldn't they?
No . It's so the fat floaty women can go round and round .

Ahh, Niamac -but IS it Kingest or Royalist, which implies including Queenery? Liz 1 only claimed that " I know I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England too" so I'm sticking with Kingest. She didn't go full Christina.

Also I would love to know which specific King's innard's were in her collection....

Pub names change but the memory lives on. There is an upmarket pub eatery on the river test called The Mayfly”, but for years many remembered it as The Seven Stars”.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I suppose Shepherd Neame are renaming the Black Boy in Sevenoaks out of pure greed because they're quoted as pointing out that certain people may not wish to enter that particular pub.

Personally, I'd like to see preservation orders on pub names. I think it's bloody outrageous that a public house that's been known as x or y for hundreds of years can have its name changed to appease minority idiots and the whims of breweries. That said, I suppose it's better than seeing it pulled down.

Last edited:

It would be fun if BLM, Antifa et al turned on Fabians, Guardian and Marie Stopes, especially NHS funding Stopes

What about Sweden still using Eugenics in 1970s?

offog

LE

It would be fun if BLM, Antifa et al turned on Fabians, Guardian and Marie Stopes, especially NHS funding Stopes

What about Sweden still using Eugenics in 1970s?
In the US too in some States up to the 60s at least.

I suppose Shepherd Neame are renaming the Black Boy in Sevenoaks out of pure greed because they're quoted as pointing out that certain people may not wish to enter that particular pub.
Those people will also include non bames who need to feel offended on the behalf of others.And if that affects profits,then something needs to be seen to be done.