Latest snowflake outrage

I'm no fan but she was a straight talker and I respected her for that.
most of the time and I think the way she has been treated was wrong.
As I understand it,Hopkins was banned for telling a rugby player she would show him her arrse( I may have that wrong) Meanwhile in Cambridge...A Professor banned from Twitter for making hate comments banned from Twitter, then reinstated.Then promoted by the university.
CAMBRIDGE University has backed and promoted an academic who posted “White Lives Don’t Matter” after she was sent death threats.

As I understand it,Hopkins was banned for telling a rugby player she would show him her arrse( I may have that wrong) Meanwhile in Cambridge...A Professor banned from Twitter for making hate comments banned from Twitter, then reinstated.Then promoted by the university.
CAMBRIDGE University has backed and promoted an academic who posted “White Lives Don’t Matter” after she was sent death threats.
Had he (gender assumed) asked her to sing?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Article in the weekend Telegraph magazine cites a survey done by researchers at Oxford University stating 20% of those questioned agreed to some extent that CV-19 had been caused by Jews to collapse the economy for financial gain.

In other news, Labour scratch heads about how they failed to get the message to the other 80% of the population ;)

I lived in the lake district for years and you never saw any non white people up the hills or even down the hills, loads of Japanese but they only got off the coach Banzai charged the shops in Ambleside and got back on the coach. BAME cultures are not interested in the outdoors, the idea of roughing it camping or walking miles in the pissing rain is mental to them.

Londo

LE
I lived in the lake district for years and you never saw any non white people up the hills or even down the hills, loads of Japanese but they only got off the coach Banzai charged the shops in Ambleside and got back on the coach. BAME cultures are not interested in the outdoors, the idea of roughing it camping or walking miles in the pissing rain is mental to them.
They do get out once in a while . A case in America a year or so back where four African American women at some park went into the river using floatation aids ( tractor tyres?)
They thought the river went in a circle and they would end up back at their point of entry after half hour or so .
They were found next day , several miles downstream suffering from hypothermia and covered with scratches where they climbed out the river .
IIRC they tried to sue the park authorities for not informing them that rivers didn't flow in a nice circle back to the point of origin :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I turned up in Antigua early one Sunday morning by sea.
It was 'The Morning After The Night Before' if you get my drift, there had been an almighty p*ss up the night before.
I wandered into town that morning and was surprised to see bodies dotted all over the place, in the gutters, on the pavements and even laying on the primitive roads, everywhere.
They weren't dead but just paralysed from the drink and stuff.
I asked a patrolling copper what was going on and he said it was "Antigua Camping".
Dogs were licking their faces and all sorts but they didn't move a muscle.
The copper said that they sometimes stayed comatose for up to 48 hours then ambled home to start again next weekend.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
A good mate of mine is a coach driver who does-well did- a lot of summer runs of Jap tourists seeing the UK in 5 or 6 days.
The usual route is kick off in Edinburgh, down to the lakes, then Stratford, Oxford and ending up in London.
The oddest thing is that whilst part of the trip is driving round the touristy bits for happy snaps, they seem to have a total aversion to being more than a couple of hundred yards from wherever the coach is parked up. They are however, very polite, and not unreasonable tippers.
After one season, the company decided that it wasn't a good idea to have Chinese tourists on the same run as they would have coaches abandoned in various picturesque spots depending on the breaking strain of the driver.

An interesting comment.
I think it might have a lot to do with city slicker mindsets.
BAME Brits tend to live in large towns and cities and just like white Brits tend to like the creature comforts like electricity and a roof. Tons of people from London I have met over the years have never been to the Lakes, Wales or even Scotland to enjoy the country side. It freaks them out to be away from a city.
Unless there are night clubs, bars, Uber, swish hotels, and a thumping night life then they are not interested.

When I was at secondary school we had access to a camp up in Braithwaite so us city kids could experience "the country side". Every trip would have kids freaking out over seeing sheep, cows, the hills, etc for the first time regardless of skin tone.

An interesting comment.
I think it might have a lot to do with city slicker mindsets.
BAME Brits tend to live in large towns and cities and just like white Brits tend to like the creature comforts like electricity and a roof. Tons of people from London I have met over the years have never been to the Lakes, Wales or even Scotland to enjoy the country side. It freaks them out to be away from a city.
Unless there are night clubs, bars, Uber, swish hotels, and a thumping night life then they are not interested.

When I was at secondary school we had access to a camp up in Braithwaite so us city kids could experience "the country side". Every trip would have kids freaking out over seeing sheep, cows, the hills, etc for the first time regardless of skin tone.
The first time I visited That London from my rural home, I began getting uneasy after about 2 days, wishing I was home. Everyone was in a rush and seemed to have places to go, people to see. Not like my village

Same in SA. Mlungus are around a 3-4% minority but make up pretty much 100% of hiking groups and camping/off road types.

sunny james

War Hero
A few years back I spotted a group of Asian looking lads looking a bit suss off the path in the North Yorkshire N. P. The first thought that flashed through my prejudiced mind was a bit of jihadi training but then I saw them cooking something so I presumed (obviously wrongly) they were bbq a sheep they had "found".

Blaise

Swinger
I worked on The Social Fund DWP. We administer Budget Loans Crisis Loans Community Care Grants Maternity Grant and Funeral Grants. A trial of issuing vouchers for Argos for household items was to be brought in. Myself and other Decision Makers went on a 1 day course,all expences paid,slappup meal,hotel the works.
1 day before launch ( spent around 6 months preparing,leaflets printed,Argos books ready to issue along with said vouchers) ALL STOP ..... Cancelled due to the possibility of Legal Action under human rights laws. Turns out we could not dictate that these household items must be bought at Argos.
Argos was not picked because it was the cheapest it was chosen because of its universal price wherever you lived. So the voucher scheme has been wanted by the DWP since day 1. The blame is The Court of Human Rights
It would be nice to see some evidence of it with some very detailed explanation on how exactly it violated any human rights law. Seriously. If there is a flaw in the system, then that system needs improvement, but throwing it all out won't help.

Latest Threads