Latest snowflake outrage

I was wondering how easy it would be to convince The Guardian that Zebra crossings were racist, as it's hard to cross one without stepping on the blacks

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
He actively supported equality.
What leads you to believe that any of those involved have the remotest desire for equality ?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Where I used to work they had a team of about 10 people monitoring digital traffic
You only had to mention the companies name or one of it's products and it pinged up.
Which company and products ?

Londo

LE
I was wondering how easy it would be to convince The Guardian that Zebra crossings were racist, as it's hard to cross one without stepping on the blacks
Now you see me , now you don't

Don't get the Katie Hopkins hatred. I usually find myself agreeing with what she says. Maybe I am far right.
The establishment media have a narrative to be followed and she deviates from that narrative. Not toeing the line will get you attacked as a public figure. Forming your own opinion and allowing someone to succeed or fail by their actions as perceived by the public is anathema to neo liberal thought.

You cannot be trusted to form and hold your own opinions.

The cops were great.

Reminds me of a Karma event in my city Cambridge, MA.
Back when high end sound systems in cars were not the norm a well known Harvard law professor has the Blauplunkt box stolen from his BMW for the third time. He was upset! When the police officer arrived he ranted about the theft. The professor was (and is) very well known for his opinions on the rights of criminal defendants and civil rights for minorities. He told the cop that he had seen a young black man on the street wearing baggy jeans and a hoodie and where he was walking to. He told them they should go and stop him and look for his sound system
The cop asked why he was accusing that black youth.
"Because he isn't from this neighborhood, I've never seen him before"
Cop comes back with "Sir, being black does not give us probable cause to stop and search him. He has the right to walk down any street. Cambridge has never had designated Black areas and white areas and never will, that would be unconstitutional"
Professor was livid and sputtering.
20+ years later the cop is now a deputy superintendent.
The professor is still at Harvard and often on TV talking about human rights

I loved it!!!!

The thing about insufficient BAME scientists, mentioned far above... I am wondering why the complainants talked of the scientists portrayed in textbooks, while a normal person, who isn't doing a gender-studies course, might foolishly think that a science textbook would be talking about scientific theory, with a name tagged on as a name for the theory. Perhaps it will be difficult in the future, when it is obligatory to find a black, one-legged, Jewish, lesbian nuclear-physicist to balance out the scientist-types, before one can publish a textbook.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I see the petition to have Katie Hopkins banned from Twitter has succeeded.

No fan of hers - but here's a message to the lefties - if you can't handle Katie Hopkins, then you're in big trouble.
I'm no fan but she was a straight talker and I respected her for that.

most of the time and I think the way she has been treated was wrong.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
or maybe suggesting that cats eyes were invented by an american driving through brixton late at night.

truck_trasher mentioned a black Jew. That concept would give Momentum sleepless nights ;)

I particularly liked this bit.
"People from the city turned out to see the maiden flight from a mountain top. His plane carried him some distance but then it crashed and he was fatally injured."
I think that's called falling?
So inventions = contraption that does not do what it says on the tin. I will now announce to the world my invention of the time machine, it's a real invention but just not actually work.

The "carried him some distance" part is a nice bit of spin, I presume he launched himself off a cliff or the like and was carried some distance in a direct downward vertical direction (or plummeted if you like) to the ground and left it at that on account of being killed by the impact.

A good laugh for the huddled masses who wisely ditched his invention there and then it seems.

Latest Threads