Latest snowflake outrage

Andrew Doyle: I may have to kill off Titania McGrath

"I start the week by going through my iPhone to delete the numbers of former friends. It sounds depressing, but it’s actually quite cathartic. I suppose it all started with Brexit. I’m not a confrontational person, so it was surprising to find so many friends turning against me over their newfound devotion to a neoliberal trading bloc. Since then, I’ve watched the ongoing curdling of rational minds with a growing sense of incomprehension. So many on the left appear to have surrendered to a collective fantasy in which the slightest point of political disagreement is interpreted as evidence of fascism. Someone I’ve known for more than a decade went all Mr Hyde on me in a pub one night, barking that I was a ‘Nazi’, which is about as antithetical to my worldview as you can get. Still, there’s something to be said for bigots outing themselves like this, and it does free up your social calendar."

Andrew comment's on Laurence Fox and the reactions to the truth he spoke on Question Time. As he says, it's supposed to be a debate rather than one sided. Worth a read.

Andrew Doyle: I may have to kill off Titania McGrath | The Spectator

Hmm. The primates didn’t choose to be locked in a cage & burnt to a horrible death. I can’t imagine what the fear and panic would’ve been like for the poor things.

Refugees however, choose to take the risk.
What you write is true, but the public over reacted a tad. What I didn't mention is that by means unknown 2 chimpanzees survived, they are recovering well from their burns, but I would imagine that they are suffering from some kind of animal PTSD.

1579903229335.png

"In what turned out to be the last year of his life, Roger Scruton often mulled on the nature and techniques of twenty-first century denunciation. For Roger, like others who had seen totalitarian societies up close, knew what intimidation and officially-imposed forms of thinking were actually like."

"Which is not to say, of course, that modern Britain or America are totalitarian societies. Only that we have people among us who act with precisely the same techniques as those did in totalitarian societies. In modern Britain, as in communist Czechoslovakia and elsewhere, the habits are the same. A member of a profession comes into their workplace in the morning to find a letter of denunciation signed by all their colleagues. An organ of official opinion castigates someone for having fraternised with the wrong elements. Almost all of this is done by people who think they are doing good."

Link to full article, which includes two video clips from Question Time.
The terrifying parable of Laurence Fox’s Question Time appearance | Coffee House

View attachment 445638
"In what turned out to be the last year of his life, Roger Scruton often mulled on the nature and techniques of twenty-first century denunciation. For Roger, like others who had seen totalitarian societies up close, knew what intimidation and officially-imposed forms of thinking were actually like."

"Which is not to say, of course, that modern Britain or America are totalitarian societies. Only that we have people among us who act with precisely the same techniques as those did in totalitarian societies. In modern Britain, as in communist Czechoslovakia and elsewhere, the habits are the same. A member of a profession comes into their workplace in the morning to find a letter of denunciation signed by all their colleagues. An organ of official opinion castigates someone for having fraternised with the wrong elements. Almost all of this is done by people who think they are doing good."

The terrifying parable of Laurence Fox’s Question Time appearance | Coffee House
I listened to the News Quiz for the first time for a while.
HS2 came up and parts of it are shovel ready.
'Just like Laurence Fox', came the amusing quip.
The rest of the programme was trash as well.

I listened to the News Quiz for the first time for a while.
HS2 came up and parts of it are shovel ready.
'Just like Laurence Fox', came the amusing quip.
The rest of the programme was trash as well.
Yep. I couldn't believe that too. It was actually "Laurence Fox's face", wasn't it? BBC and Channel 4 comedy seem exempt from any requirement to avoid a political bias. I gave up on "The Last Leg" years ago when every other gag started to be about leave voters being ignorant racists. The news quiz has gone the same way, along with so many other parts of their output. Plus, you can't have any panel show on tv or radio without Susan Callman and she is contractually required to say the words "my wife" at least three or four times. You also have to have at least 30% BAME panellists - ideally Nish Kumar and a black female - and they are required to do endless gags about their race being oppressed by white people.

View attachment 445638

Look at it another way.... We've had censorship for probably 20 years and I haven't seen anytime within that 20 years where the process has being so challenged.

Chalkster69

Old-Salt
I gave up on "The Last Leg" years ago when every other gag started to be about leave voters being ignorant racists.
My wife has banned me from watching it with her now as apparently my cries of "**** Off you useless *******" are ruining it for her......

Fat ******* upset that that Thai Airlines acknowledge that they are fat *******.

An Auckland woman and her two daughters were left traumatised after staff from Thai Airways said they were "too big" to sit in business class.

Annoyed or disappointed maybe but fcuking traumatised!

Not as traumatised as the poor sod who had to sit next to you in economy class.

They should have been provided with their own personal transport for everyone's sake.
3amaxresdefault.jpg

Yep. I couldn't believe that too. It was actually "Laurence Fox's face", wasn't it? BBC and Channel 4 comedy seem exempt from any requirement to avoid a political bias. I gave up on "The Last Leg" years ago when every other gag started to be about leave voters being ignorant racists. The news quiz has gone the same way, along with so many other parts of their output. Plus, you can't have any panel show on tv or radio without Susan Callman and she is contractually required to say the words "my wife" at least three or four times. You also have to have at least 30% BAME panellists - ideally Nish Kumar and a black female - and they are required to do endless gags about their race being oppressed by white people.
I watched episodes 5 and 6 of Silent Witness last night - it truly excelled in terms of ground-breaking wokeness. Besides the enduring Clarissa, who plays a fairly credible and realistic role, we had: 2 x lesbians, one black, one white; a Detective Inspector who was permanently confined to a wheelchair and was operating in the field accompanied by a coloured carer; we had Nikki's abusive childhood exposed; 2 x wife-beaters who were both white; 2 x social workers, one of whom was coloured (sexuality undetermined) and a very significant bias against white middle-aged males who were all portrayed as oppressors of women in general. Just need a PB and TV now and we have a full house.

I gave up on "The Last Leg" years ago when every other gag started to be about leave voters being ignorant racists.
Used to be funny, now it's a must-watch for every virtual signalling wokey

Unfunny predictable jokes, BREXIT & Tory bashing in abundance and a guest list that is the Who's Who of left wing UK Comedians and actors

It's peak was the live shows from Brazil during the Paralympics. The rest is PC bollox

UncivilServant

Old-Salt
I watched episodes 5 and 6 of Silent Witness last night - it truly excelled in terms of ground-breaking wokeness. Besides the enduring Clarissa, who plays a fairly credible and realistic role, we had: 2 x lesbians, one black, one white; a Detective Inspector who was permanently confined to a wheelchair and was operating in the field accompanied by a coloured carer; we had Nikki's abusive childhood exposed; 2 x wife-beaters who were both white; 2 x social workers, one of whom was coloured (sexuality undetermined) and a very significant bias against white middle-aged males who were all portrayed as oppressors of women in general. Just need a PB and TV now and we have a full house.
Remind me, who is the actress that plays Dr Nikki Alexander?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads