Latest snowflake outrage

I may have mentioned it before that at least one Prison Service college has a "Pink room" where Officers in training can go if they feel stressed.
They'll be the ones leaving after a few days or in a couple of cases I've seen, a few hours.
Maybe youngsters just don't have the common sense to use the internet to research a job before they apply for it?
I suppose that's what happens when you recruit 2500 Officers in such a short time. You'll get all sorts applying & despite claims to the contrary, standards have certainly been lowered.
Yup, ahead of time and uner budget
From Asda to Belmarsh – how government is attracting the best prison officers - Civil Service Quarterly
But 25% leave within a year. Sort of undermines the initiative. I would have thought that getting the right ones in, the ones who'll stay is more important. But that doesn't grab the headlines these days.
Prison officer recruitment failing

So it is about numbers in prison, but not on the streets?

Funny place the Home Office.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

F Scott Fitzgerald

So it is about numbers in prison, but not on the streets?

Funny place the Home Office.
Feel free to take em. If you imagine that the dross that we're seeing rock up are in anyway suitable then you are very much mistaken.
However; yes the MoJ is a funny old place.

Feel free to take em. If you imagine that the dross that we're seeing rock up are in anyway suitable then you are very much mistaken.
However; yes the MoJ is a funny old place.
Next you will tell me it is possible to lower T&C's of service and still attract high quality candidates.

Theresa and Tom Winsor lied?!

My world is crashing, I can't take

From Asda to Belmarsh – how government is attracting the best prison officers - Civil Service Quarterly
But 25% leave within a year. Sort of undermines the initiative. I would have thought that getting the right ones in, the ones who'll stay is more important. But that doesn't grab the headlines these days.
Add to that the experienced Officers leaving the job. We've lost many to The Border Force who are offering a much better wage for a much easier job. I can go on a wing & find four or five staff who have one years experience between them & the cons are running rings around them.

That would be a nice turn SJW inside out scenario. How traveler communities treat gypsy transgenders
As transgender pikies will most likely get fcuked by their "uncles" regardless of their elected sex, I'd say that should be trumpeted* as a fine example of inclusivity and a lack of gender bias.

*Or more appropriately, tromboned.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
we had a bad electrical storm a few weeks ago, foolishly my pc had been left on, the surge protection system I installed in the sockets gave it a degree of protection, however the phone lines took a hit over the road knackering the internet box and scrambling my work on the pc
we had the grandchildren round, and it was hilarous as they tried everything to get wi fi even trying the neigbours wifi ( also nuked)
I still had some work to do so I sat down and wrote it longhand
my grandson was supposed to do his homework and hand it in via the ipad to the schools server
I made him sit down at my desk and write it out longhand and use a book to research the facts
just to prove he had done the work on time we posted it to the school !
very few kids in his class completed their homework for the same reason
only a small handful thought to use old technology

So, they had a task to recruit 2,500 over 2 years to bring numbers back up to strength, they managed 2,000 in the first year leaving 500 to recruit in year 2 to achieve their target. all well and good, a commendable effort. Then, further down the article it says they need 2,000 a year to maintain numbers of people leaving, does this mean its going to be an ongoing team with a decent budget or will it now be run back down until the next government realises there's an issue and the process starts all over again?