Latest snowflake outrage

And could someone please tell me why, after 15 years away I come back to a Scotland that has Gaelic name signs everywhere, even on fukcing POLIS cars?
When I left for NZ, Gaelic was a minority language, only spoken rarely North of Inverness, and somewhat more often in the Islands. Why in the name of the Wee Man do they have to use it fukcing everywhere. Even Glasgow has them.
The country has gone to the fukcing dogs. Tha an dùthaich air a dhol gu na coin fukcing.
Because, when you went away we had several regional police forces, Strathclyce, Lothian and borders, Grampian, Highland etc. Now we have one service, Police Scotland, and Scotgov even made a mess of the tax status of the new force.

I think that back 2-300 years ago, a black boy servant, was a status symbol for the wealthy, and they were treated well.

I did a few jobs for members of a family who'd settled in Durham, from Scotland.

It was fascinating to see in their family photos, that there were quite a few with "African" features.

It turned out that they'd had a black servant, who'd been so competent, that he'd ended up as the the estate manager, become part of the family, and his genes still pop up 300 years later.
Was their name Fox or Hamilton? I had a friend and colleague now retired, who was blonde who remembers local kids being told not to play with her and her siblings, because that's the Darkie's children. When she took early retirement she researched the family tree and found relatives in Trinidad.

Was their name Fox or Hamilton? I had a friend and colleague now retired, who was blonde who remembers local kids being told not to play with her and her siblings, because that's the Darkie's children. When she took early retirement she researched the family tree and found relatives in Trinidad.

Can't remember, now, but I noticed it on a family photo of a large gathering, where maybe 1 in 5 had quite distinctive african features, although fairly light skin.

The moral is that you made this all up and that it's complete and utter bullshit.

There are reasons, stretching back decades, why many minorities are right to complain about prejudicial treatment against them.

It's also true that drama queens who climb onto whatever the next big thing is do those minorities a great disservice.

The fact that you don't understand the difference just demonstrates how dim you are.
Wow.

They really do walk among us.

Apparently the new version of West Side Story has cut the song 'I feel pretty' - presumably it doesn't fit with the 'woke' message that a teenage girl might enjoy dressing nicely for an evening out.
But it's fine saying "Every Puerto Rican" is a lousy chicken."!

People can be so niggardly with information sometimes.....

That story was old when the Irish times picked it up in 1999, he has since been reinstated and probably retired as well by now.

That story was old when the Irish times picked it up in 1999, he has since been reinstated and probably retired as well by now.

However, the US of A has form for what might now be deemed snowflakery. I seemed to remember that The Black Dyke Mills Band had problems with a booking at the Carnegie Hall in New York for reasons connected with the band's name.

Thinking that this might be an apocryphal, I did a quick search online and discovered this piece from - of all British newspapers - the Guardian.

Continuing with the theme. How did we, a nation which conquered one third of the entire world, victors in two of the largest armed conflicts in the history of the human race, come to be so pathetically weak willed that the mere sight of a picture can reduce you to this?

Continuing with the theme. How did we, a nation which conquered one third of the entire world, victors in two of the largest armed conflicts in the history of the human race, come to be so pathetically weak willed that the mere sight of a picture can reduce you to this?
Simple. Our seed has been diluted with that of lesser men.

FFS.

Yokel

LE

Are other eating venues available? If so then what is the problem?

I cannot open the article - link wrong maybe? It just takes me to what might be the Telegraph front page. Exactly what is the problem?

Simple. Our seed has been diluted with that of lesser men.
How much is nature and how much is nuture? Mollycoddling, people not learning to do things for themselves, feelings and narratives being considered more important than facts.

It's not a particularly good painting anyway thought the two bearded men either side have been well depicted.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
May I be the first to say yes, as long as she keeps her gob shut.
Silly little girl reminds me of nothing more than Mary Hopkin and "Those Were The Days".

Last edited:

Latest Threads