Latest snowflake outrage

Agreed 100%. Parents certainly have as much of a responsibilty towards educating their offspring as the school does.
The point that I was trying to make is why are kids leaving school unable to tell the time on an analogue clock?
Gotcha - I’m not sure (I don’t have kids, but do have friends who are teachers) why they can’t, but I don’t believe the fault lies with the schools; otherwise would they have to fill all the gaps that parents miss - tying shoelaces, using a knife(no issues in London with that) and fork, riding a bike?

Bristol University student holds Raj-themed 21st birthday party | Daily Mail Online

love this one a student holds a private party (nothing to do with the school he attends) yet the schools snowflakes are there for those affected

"
Bristol BME committee criticised the event, telling The Tab "We are deeply deeply saddened and disappointed in this students’ actions. Considering the long and painful history of colonisation and how it’s legacy still impacts the lives of many individuals today, putting on this event is seen as a blatant disrespect.

"Behaviour of this kind is not condoned by the Black and Minority Ethnic students network. We are here to support students affected by this event."

"
They’d have loved the Gutersloh Officers’ Mess “Days of the British Empire” summer ball in 2007, then.

Gotcha - I’m not sure (I don’t have kids, but do have friends who are teachers) why they can’t, but I don’t believe the fault lies with the schools; otherwise would they have to fill all the gaps that parents miss - tying shoelaces, using a knife(no issues in London with that) and fork, riding a bike?
Mate. As I said my sister is a teacher. Some of the things that she tells me are shocking.
She recently confiscated two cans of red bull type of drink off of one of her pupils.
A 10/11 year old child ffs.

Are the snowflakes of today totally devoid of intelligence and learning skills?
So it would seem. The generation that bred them gave them everything they wanted, demanded special treatment for them, told them they were special, let them squeem and squeem, indeed, encouraged them to ‘express’ themselves. Think, The Modern Parents or Spoilt Bastard from Viz.

Is anyone here the parent of these shouty, useless tossers? You are to blame.

The ‘trans’ variants ( demi boys and gender queer etc ad nauseam) that I and others associate with the snowflake generation are an adolescent phenomena. Adolescence that will end when they are 30, the penny drops and they realise that their community, the one that revolves around ‘gender identity’ is dissolving. The next generation of bright young weird things claiming ‘unique ‘ special status and identity don’t want a 30 plus panto dame sullying the beauty of the new generation.

And the old ones will need a job.

And the latest snowflakism....

Schools are removing analogue clocks from exam halls as teenagers 'can't tell the time'

How much effort does it take to learn to read a 'traditional' clock?

Are the snowflakes of today totally devoid of intelligence and learning skills?

Wordsmith
That's the example to set in a school, by no means encourage people to learn, just dumb it all down to the level of the lowest common denominator.

If, as a teenager you cannot fathom the intricacies of an analogue clock face you have aa whole world of problems to face.

Education is not just the responsibility of the school - much like attitude, discipline and manners the parents are crucial to a kids development.

@Ian525 I don’t think “reading a clock face” is on the National Curriculum; in my book this should be a parent’s responsibility - they wanted kids; they bring them up. Schools cannot fill the gap just because some adults are cretinous.
The trouble is, sometimes the school has to, because the parents are.

That's the example to set in a school, by no means encourage people to learn, just dumb it all down to the level of the lowest common denominator.

If, as a teenager you cannot fathom the intricacies of an analogue clock face you have aa whole world of problems to face.
But just so long as they've been taught about the evils of the British Empire. Who cares (sorry sis) er?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Bristol University student holds Raj-themed 21st birthday party | Daily Mail Online

love this one a student holds a private party (nothing to do with the school he attends) yet the schools snowflakes are there for those affected

"
Bristol BME committee criticised the event, telling The Tab "We are deeply deeply saddened and disappointed in this students’ actions. Considering the long and painful history of colonisation and how it’s legacy still impacts the lives of many individuals today, putting on this event is seen as a blatant disrespect.

"Behaviour of this kind is not condoned by the Black and Minority Ethnic students network. We are here to support students affected by this event."

"
Looking at the pictures, I think the BME were more upset that they weren't invited than it taking place.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

FFS...would it not be part of the national curriculum to teach "how to tell the time"
Not sure if it is part of the national curriculum, but our 7 yr old is learning to tell the time this term, alongside halves, quarters and stuff. we got her a watch, only 2 kids in the class have one. It is quite a decent school

I think that she's trying to identify with the Aboriginal Canadians with this on her biog:- traditional territory of Huron-Wendat, Abenaki, Wabanaki Confederacy, Wolastoqiyik & Haudenosaunee (à Québec)
No chance. She's not fat or ugly enough

Hang, on, the ugly bit is sorted. TBH I had to go to her Twitter account as I thought she was some gopping tranny

My son learnt how to read a clock/watch from me when he was 4ish. They did it at his school just before Xmas (he was 7 at the time). He can also do 24hr clock and understands why we use the 24hr clock.
My 5yr old daughter is reading the time because we shown her and she kinda gets 24hr clock, but then I care about my kids knowing basic stuff.

Why?
Parents send their kids to school to be educated do they not?
I understand your point though. If my child left junior school unable to tell the time, I'd be wondering where it all went wrong too.
My sister is a junior school teacher and she has told me that she knows of kids who do not know how to even use a knife and a fork.
At AFC the Corporals had to teach some recruits how to tie their shoe laces. Almost all had to be taught how to wash properly and one lady instructor told me 'you don't want to know what I've had to teach some of the girls!'

When I first started at school, we were indeed taught the basics because even back then, some parents really didn't care enough to do so, right down to some little darlings not being toilet trained (I'm talking rural Cumberland in the early 60's here, not some inner city slum).

When I first started at school, we were indeed taught the basics because even back then, some parents really didn't care enough to do so, right down to some little darlings not being toilet trained (I'm talking rural Cumberland in the early 60's here, not some inner city slum).
In the first days of national service, I discovered that what is now called 'apartheid white privilege' didn't extend all the way down.
Some of those other-side-of-tracks lads were a tad rough.

But just so long as they've been taught about the evils of the British Empire. Who cares (sorry sis) er?
My paternal great- great-grandparents, answered to the lord of the manor, worked his land, paid him rent on their tenement, were only allowed a 12' x 14' area to grow their own crops, had sundays off but worked most public holidays, never had a holiday until retirement, would have been sacked and turned out of their home if they went on strike.
They never owned a slave, but they could read, write, and tell the time.