Latest snowflake outrage

Surely all institutions that are called 'Universities' are proper? Even the University of Derby which used to be called Kedleston Road Tech before it universified...
Technically yes. However I'm not going to pass up the chance for a bit of intellectual snobbery about the peasants at UWE ;)

endure

GCM
Technically yes. However I'm not going to pass up the chance for a bit of intellectual snobbery about the peasants at UWE ;)
Kedlo Road tech used to turn out useful people who'd turn up and fix your gas boiler or rewire your house. Nowadays it turns out culinary arts and event management graduates...

aardvark64

Old-Salt
It's a mere stone's throw from the Shabby Wood 'care in the community' outpost.

Kedlo Road tech used to turn out useful people who'd turn up and fix your gas boiler or rewire your house. Nowadays it turns out culinary arts and event management graduates...
Indeed Tom Sharpe taught at the then Cambridge College of Arts and Technology, now Anglia Ruskin University (but was the setting for his Wilt novels) where he bemoaned teaching 'humanities' to Plumbers 2, and Meat 3, arguing that they would be better served by instruction in how to complete their VAT returns or marketing their prospective businesses.

Huzza, American who tried to re-write UK history found to have been a little disingenuous with the truth!
And yup, she's an Oxford Don.
Wan't this news sometime last year? or was that another American person getting it wrong?

Indeed Tom Sharpe taught at the then Cambridge College of Arts and Technology, now Anglia Ruskin University (but was the setting for his Wilt novels) where he bemoaned teaching 'humanities' to Plumbers 2, and Meat 3, arguing that they would be better served by instruction in how to complete their VAT returns or marketing their prospective businesses.
And, IIRC, surviving police "interviews"

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

sunny james

Old-Salt
Boneapple Tea..?

My 13 YO daughter still favours Jasmine Tea, either Green or Wu Long, having first tried it in a Chinese restaurant.
Try Tieguanyin tea. Cross between green and black. I got a catering pack from Wing Yip supermarket for about £9.50 a kilo.
Good quality too, no dust and virtually no stalk.

Try Tieguanyin tea. Cross between green and black. I got a catering pack from Wing Yip supermarket for about £9.50 a kilo.
Good quality too, no dust and virtually no stalk.
Wing Yip is worth a visit for the restaurant, let alone the supermarket bit

Latest Threads