Latest snowflake outrage

I can't understand why people pay for help in losing weight. There isn't a weight problem that can't be solved by lots of simple walking.
And not shoving everything they can get their fat fingers on into their mouth every chance they get.....

Charge up the eco-Hybrid outrage bus!!

All very well but what happens if the enemy aren't so eco-conscious. Do our vegan, multi-gender, I-Pad-hapoy warriors link arms, drape EU flags around their shoulders, and fly toy drones, whilst shouting at the oncoming forces to desist?

Dicky Ticker

War Hero

To follow suit the Andrew will go back to sailing ships and the Air Force will just give up after it is found that dropping bombs from kites means an effective range of the length of string! I do dispair

Looking through some of the advertised material... Electric power offers obvious benefits in military vehicle design

e.g
Max torque at zero revs
Fully independent each wheel drive allowing significant maneuverability gains
Vastly reduced noise
Potentially much lower silhouettes
Potentially better service life and availability

There are still some basic problems
The net Energy density of Batteries is about 1/20th of Gasoline/diesel
Fuel Cells are a crap idea ( Why hydrogen fuel cell cars can't compete with electric cars )
Recharge times are currently significantly longer than refuel times.
Faster recharge creates issues with accelerated internal resistance increases and heat dissipation

These issues realistically require fundamental breakthroughs in both physical theory and engineering application to solve. At a guesstimate we are a minimum of 20 years away.. It's simply too soon for the military to be placing any strategic focus on obtaining electric vehicles

One thing he said I found problematic....

"a move toward clean energy would be beneficial logistically "

If he actually thinks supporting electric vehicles and providing infrastructure in the field is easier than tanking petrol and Diesel then he's a cretin.

Looking through some of the advertised material... Electric power offers obvious benefits in military vehicle design

e.g
Max torque at zero revs
Fully independent each wheel drive allowing significant maneuverability gains
Vastly reduced noise
Potentially much lower silhouettes
Potentially better service life and availability

There are still some basic problems
The net Energy density of Batteries is about 1/20th of Gasoline/diesel
Fuel Cells are a crap idea ( Why hydrogen fuel cell cars can't compete with electric cars )
Recharge times are currently significantly longer than refuel times.
Faster recharge creates issues with accelerated internal resistance increases and heat dissipation

These issues realistically require fundamental breakthroughs in both physical theory and engineering application to solve. At a guesstimate we are a minimum of 20 years away.. It's simply too soon for the military to be placing any strategic focus on obtaining electric vehicles

One thing he said I found problematic....

"a move toward clean energy would be beneficial logistically "

If he actually thinks supporting electric vehicles and providing infrastructure in the field is easier than tanking petrol and Diesel then he's a cretin.
Already been done. No storage batteries though, just a big fat diesel unit to generate power.

Latest Threads