Latest snowflake outrage

15 seconds of fame or not, it seems the hypothetical situation was sufficient to have him removed.,
Yes, as it should be.

If an organisation's policy is that they will refer to anyone who walks in their door (I hate the use of the word customer in this sense) by the term the person identifies as then the people they employ have to follow that policy.

A couple of years ago there was a child at a school I worked in who decided they were transgender. An all staff email went out saying 'child X is now to be referred to as child Y'. If I had refused to do so I would, quite rightly, have been hauled up in front of a disciplinary committee.

There's plenty of other jobs a senior medic could be doing.

Perhaps, because like some of the snowflakes we seem to encounter, he actually believed he was right.
Which doesn't answer the question I asked. Given that the route to getting a decent NHS job involves bloody long hours and hard work as a JHO and other assorted shitty posts, I find it hard to believe that someone who has done all of that graft suddenly chucks it in to go and ask dole scroungers which leg their imaginary ailment hurts today.

I suspect that there is a lot more to this story than '26 year veteran of NHS gallantly goes to work for DWP, then sacked 2 weeks later'.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Which doesn't answer the question I asked. Given that the route to getting a decent NHS job involves bloody long hours and hard work as a JHO and other assorted shitty posts, I find it hard to believe that someone who has done all of that graft suddenly chucks it in to go and ask dole scroungers which leg their imaginary ailment hurts today.
I will try once more - perhaps because his belief was so strong he felt he was right like so many left wing people who tend to attempt to control people of all ages. This is also seen in certain other religions.

I will try once more - perhaps because his belief was so strong he felt he was right like so many left wing people who tend to attempt to control people of all ages. This is also seen in certain other religions.
And I'll try once more - I'm not debating why he argued about addressing people by chosen pronouns - it's obvious his religious beliefs are more important than most things to him.

What I'm wondering about is why a successful 26 year NHS doctor has suddenly upped sticks and started training to do benefit claimants' medical checks. It's the metaphorical equivalent of a chartered engineer who has spent the last 2 and a half decades designing and implementing sewer systems moving to cleaning public toilets for a job.

And I'll try once more - I'm not debating why he argued about addressing people by chosen pronouns - it's obvious his religious beliefs are more important than most things to him.

What I'm wondering about is why a successful 26 year NHS doctor has suddenly upped sticks and started training to do benefit claimants' medical checks. It's the metaphorical equivalent of a chartered engineer who has spent the last 2 and a half decades designing and implementing sewer systems moving to cleaning public toilets for a job.
It could perhaps be something curiously interesting in his background...

On the other hand, it could simply be a more relaxed position without the stress of full on active hospital duty he was seeking, sort of a slowing down of pace with advancing age and pension/retirement looming?

On the other hand, it could simply be a more relaxed position without the stress of full on active hospital duty he was seeking, sort of a slowing down of pace with advancing age and pension/retirement looming?
Or the work for less money attitude with the pension debate?

Maybe that the Engineer developed a fetish for dunnies.

It could be that I am incredibly cynical and slandering the poor chap who was just trying to do the right thing.

However, I can't help thinking that if you have done a full career in medicine, with the associated professional reputation, and want a nice calm semi-retired job you would go for some part-time consultancy or medical training role. Not working with the general public and telling them why they are not allowed to have the benefits they feel they are entitled to.

It could be that I am incredibly cynical and slandering the poor chap who was just trying to do the right thing.

However, I can't help thinking that if you have done a full career in medicine, with the associated professional reputation, and want a nice calm semi-retired job you would go for some part-time consultancy or medical training role. Not working with the general public and telling them why they are not allowed to have the benefits they feel they are entitled to.
Maybe that turns him on, (it would me) easier job and better money?

Last edited:

Maybe it was just on offer at the same time as he was looking, and...

... the dosh on offer with attached holiday and sick benefits with the position, ticked all of his boxes and he simply thought, "Easier money than continuing on my current career trajectory"?..

I agree though, a difficult one to figure out.

Maybe that the Engineer developed a fetish for dunnies.
A short dit.
A couple of weeks ago, I was following a truck down the road and the truck had a metal cage type deal on the back with about six of those portable dunny things on the back.
There was a double opening outwards door on the back, with a large sign on each door.
The sign on the left advertised the name of the firm which said, "The Shitter Company".
The sign on the right said, "And you think your job stinks".
Any way it appealed to my sense of humour.

1562794415754.png

Tommy Robinson has not got a beergut, although I admit many of his supporters do. Why is his name being spelt Tommeh? He is not a Northerner. Luton may be North of London, Reading, Southend, Brighton, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Dover etc, but it is certainly not in the North of England.

As a follow on to the above, not one of them jacked in on the assessment. Lots of people telling me they hated me but close on a hundred kids did complete what they had set out to do.

The panic attacks, meltdowns, tears and borderline violence don't matter because they all finished. Even the fat wheezy kids with a note from Matron.

******* hell, I actually feel proud of them and have some job satisfaction. @GrumpyWasTooCheerful , can you please administer a corrective beating immediately.
whacko.jpg

What can I say, I’ve actually been to Jay and Silent Bob’s Secret Stash in Jersey.....
That must have been geek central, rather better stocked than Forbidden Planet I imagine

Latest Threads