Latest snowflake outrage

One thing that’s grinding my gears is the whole thing surrounding the mental health of the love island contestantss. People have been complaining about the after island care that the contestants get afterwards yet the same people are making fun of one of the contestants facebooks post from year 8 and all these other things. It makes you wonder why they complain about the mental health of the islanders after a few who have committed suicide yet they bully the islanders the most

One thing that’s grinding my gears is the whole thing surrounding the mental health of the love island contestantss. People have been complaining about the after island care that the contestants get afterwards yet the same people are making fun of one of the contestants facebooks post from year 8 and all these other things. It makes you wonder why they complain about the mental health of the islanders after a few who have committed suicide yet they bully the islanders the most
I've never watched it, but have met one of the ex contestants and I guess winner????

Anyways, people were flocking to be photographed with them, I didn't have the heart to tell them I had staff point them out to me as I wouldn't have had a scoobie otherwise

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Just to ensure I'm not outside the current jargon loop, when does adulthood now start, or is a "millennial" now someone who was born about 1989 ?

Just to ensure I'm not outside the current jargon loop, when does adulthood now start, or is a "millennial" now someone who was born about 1989 ?
Apparently someone born between 1980-1996 (although boundaries are necessarily vague due to 'generations' being bollocks).

So yes, I am apparently a 'millenial' despite being in my 30s and paying a mortgage.

I thought it was someone reaching adulthood over the millennium?
Dunno, I was just going from the Wikipedia article as that seemed pretty well referenced. Can't be any worse than any other source, given the arbitrary limits are bollocks and vary from one opinionated person to another.

Besides, someone who was 18 on the millenium will now be 37.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Apparently someone born between 1980-1996 (although boundaries are necessarily vague due to 'generations' being bollocks).

So yes, I am apparently a 'millenial' despite being in my 30s and paying a mortgage.
So being a "millennial" by virtue of the fact they were born in 2000 has fallen from favour ?
I look forward with interest to other definitions being changed, definitions of words such as "freedom," "truth" and "Newspeak."

So being a "millennial" by virtue of the fact they were born in 2000 has fallen from favour ?
I look forward with interest to other definitions being changed, definitions of words such as "freedom," "truth" and "Newspeak."
Doubleplusgood.

Born in 2000 makes them Generation Z. Millennials are Generation Y.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I know someone with ah a Masters' degree in History (and possible PhD candidate) who makes the point they every generation was written of as feckless and stupid by older ones who remember the past with rose tinted glasses.

If people are not given opportunities to learn things, is that their fault, or a societal issue?

I know someone with ah a Masters' degree in History (and possible PhD candidate) who makes the point they every generation was written of as feckless and stupid by older ones who remember the past with rose tinted glasses.

If people are not given opportunities to learn things, is that their fault, or a societal issue?
The problem I have with what's happening with younger folk (Millenials is such a vague term) isn't that they're perceived as weaker than the previous generations, it's that they have become so vociferous about everything & demand everything be changed to suit their needs. This behaviour has been enabled by coddling parents and a societal system that seems to promote a narcissistic mindset.

Not only are they loud about every minutiae of existence that isn't perfect but people are listening to them and bending to their every whim.