Latest snowflake outrage

The only differing terms I’ve heard in this regard are ‘A-Bomb’ and ‘H-Bomb’.
Indeed but there 'H bomb' refers exclusively to fusion weapons whereas an 'A bomb' could refer to either version.

I do notice Mr Belmer has been remarkably quiet on the subject recently.

Didn't matter, the only reference you would find in our manuals was to a "special weapon". It had needs....
If you were in a class with one of them, you would certainly pay attention to it, and be careful not to upset it or make it angry. No kicking or dropping it.

Indeed but there 'H bomb' refers exclusively to fusion weapons whereas an 'A bomb' could refer to either version.

I do notice Mr Belmer has been remarkably quiet on the subject recently.
I thought A bomb referred to fission weapons, in the same way that 'atomic' was regarded as synonymous with 'nuclear' - as in 'atomic energy'. Hence that was the term applied to the early nuclear weapons which were all fission.

Also fusion = thermonuclear.

Here we go again

Adverts that reinforce gender stereo types are to be banned.
Which when you think about it will make advertising pretty difficult. Most (all? advertising is aimed at representing a product that is beneficial to you, which is what makes you want to buy it. Either sex (I will not use the word "gender") being portrayed using a product will potentially mean the other sex will complain. There are very few products that can be aimed specifically at one sex or the other these days without causing an outcry (Gillette!) and with people asserting that even men can have periods does that mean that women advertising feminine hygiene products will be considered harmful?

Latest Threads