Latest snowflake outrage

I see the snowflakes are alive & well in Waitrose ...
Waitrose apologises for ‘racist’ Easter ducks
snip "Waitrose has apologised for selling “racist” chocolate Easter ducklings after it received complaints that the dark one was named “ugly”.
The £8 trio of chocolate ducks included a white chocolate duckling called “Fluffy”, a milk chocolate one called “Crispy” and a dark chocolate one called “Ugly”.
The complaints centred around the dark brown confectionery item being labelled “ugly”, with some implying it was racist"

They should have made the ugly one out of white chocolate and given it orange hair. Nobody would have complained then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Should have called it Darky ……. maybe not.

Never met anyone with a dog with that name, 'Syndrome' though seems to be popular out there as a name that seems to wind up SJW's
I used to have a cat called Darky . Had great fun calling him in of a night in East London .

Wouldn't it be refreshing if a spokesman for Waitrose were to say -

"it's a chocolate duck, it's not racist and no, we're not going to change it or remove it from sale, and that's that!"

Wouldn't it be refreshing if a spokesman for Waitrose were to say -

"it's a chocolate duck, it's not racist and no, we're not going to change it or remove it from sale, and that's that!"
Unfortunately, very few in any position of authority are willing to receive the flak which will undoubtedly arrive.

"Snowflakes" aren't new. Just over 20 years ago in the GP surgery I worked in we had members of the public bring in magazines and comics etc for people to read.
One white woman about 25, living with a black guy and 3 kids of varying hues, complained to me that there was an Enid Blyton book with references to a Golly and demanded it be removed. Quite loud and threatened to report me (as if I'd put the bloody book there) to the NHS trust.

I removed every magazine, comic and book from the waiting room. When I got complaints from other patients about nothing to read I explained I didn't have the time (or the inclination) to go through every piece of reading material to check if there was anything which could offend someone.

This one about the ducks, though, sort of caps that. Good job they didn't call it Dopey.

"Snowflakes" aren't new. Just over 20 years ago in the GP surgery I worked in we had members of the public bring in magazines and comics etc for people to read.
One white woman about 25, living with a black guy and 3 kids of varying hues, complained to me that there was an Enid Blyton book with references to a Golly and demanded it be removed. Quite loud and threatened to report me (as if I'd put the bloody book there) to the NHS trust.

I removed every magazine, comic and book from the waiting room. When I got complaints from other patients about nothing to read I explained I didn't have the time (or the inclination) to go through every piece of reading material to check if there was anything which could offend someone.

This one about the ducks, though, sort of caps that. Good job they didn't call it Dopey.
Or Stabby

Jessy Taylor cries over prospect of a 9-5 job as her Instagram is deleted | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 387178

Sharing a video to YouTube, the vlogger explained she was in the middle of editing when she realised her account had been deleted, and that she fears she'll end up a 'homeless prostitute' without her Instagram account.
I'd just come in here to post that as well! What a stupid entitled bint. All these generation Z lot thinking that they are all special celebrities and should all be living these amazing film star lives without having to do any graft for it. I bet she's been living off handouts from desperate blokes who think if they buy her stuff off her Amazon wish list or send her money that they'll get a signed nude photo or a shag.

That's not being a snowflake its a fair request

Baby changing facilities are either in the woman's loo or if separate all women still think its female only and you as a man have no business being in there.

It was a complaint Men had 20 years ago and nothings really changed since then.
You're not wrong.

Missus was waiting outside the Female toilets in a shopping centre and a man with his baby asked, in a friendly polite voice:
"Excuse me, could I squeeze through and use the baby changing room please. Thanks."

The missus moved aside so he could go in to change his child's nappy. Some young, harpy with hair more colourful than Walt Disney's vomit scowled at her & hissed:

"You're letting the Sisterhood down by allowing a man to do that."

"I beg your pardon."

"You're betraying the sisterhood down by letting that man go in front of you."

"He's not going in front of me, he's using the changing room to change his daughter's nappy. I don't have a baby to change and neither do you, FFS!"

snip "Waitrose has apologised for selling “racist” chocolate Easter ducklings after it received complaints that the dark one was named “ugly”.
The £8 trio of chocolate ducks included a white chocolate duckling called “Fluffy”, a milk chocolate one called “Crispy” and a dark chocolate one called “Ugly”.
The complaints centred around the dark brown confectionery item being labelled “ugly”, with some implying it was racist"
Iain Dale took calls on LBC about this. The use of the name "ugly" was generally considered a mistake, whatever colour the chocolate had been. Calls from "black" listeners varied from "what this highlights is endemic / subconscious racism in society related to the colonial past" to "this reaction is over the top" and "looking for any excuse to find racism". It was also mentioned that there is racism within differing shades of "black".

I'd just come in here to post that as well! What a stupid entitled bint. All these generation Z lot thinking that they are all special celebrities and should all be living these amazing film star lives without having to do any graft for it. I bet she's been living off handouts from desperate blokes who think if they buy her stuff off her Amazon wish list or send her money that they'll get a signed nude photo or a shag.
Well I tried

Iain Dale took calls on LBC about this. The use of the name "ugly" was generally considered a mistake, whatever colour the chocolate had been. Calls from "black" listeners varied from "what this highlights is endemic / subconscious racism in society related to the colonial past" to "this reaction is over the top" and "looking for any excuse to find racism". It was also mentioned that there is racism within differing shades of "black".

My bold .. perhaps we should ban Hans Christian Anderson & Danny Kaye as well

Problem solved:

xxD1EaPLsX0AEpohz.jpg

If Waitrose need a new product manager, they know where to find me.

Latest Threads