Latest snowflake outrage

Probably the best place for this link: Cambridge turns away alt-right darling Jordan Peterson

Even the Times uses the 'alt-right' label in its headline; presumably the interns are in charge of the midnight-to-6 content.
Jordan Peterson, a psychology professor with controversial views on gender, race and political correctness, was offered a visiting fellowship by Cambridge only for it to be withdrawn within 48 hours.

On Monday Professor Peterson, who believes that white privilege is a myth, announced on his YouTube channel that he was looking forward to coming to the faculty of divinity for two months this year. He said that it would “give me the opportunity to talk to religious experts of all types for a couple of months, as well as students”.

Yesterday a university spokesman said that he would no longer be coming. “We can confirm that Jordan Peterson requested a visiting fellowship, and an initial offer has been rescinded after a further review,” he said. The faculty of divinity refused to disclose why it had changed its mind.

Cambridge University Students’ Union welcomed the decision and said that “his work and views are not representative of the student body and as such we do not see his visit as a valuable contribution to the university, but one that works in opposition to the principles of the university”.
In 2016 Professor Peterson, who teaches psychology at the University of Toronto, said that he would refuse to use the preferred pronouns of his students and colleagues, in breach of anti-discrimination law, and carry on using “he” and “she”.

That made him a darling of the alt-right and his book, 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, became a bestseller in several countries including the UK. His YouTube channel has 65 million views.
He believes that marginalised groups are infantilised by a culture of victimhood and offence-taking, that political correctness threatens freedom of thought and speech, and that “the West has lost faith in masculinity”. He also says that the gender pay gap is largely a reflection of the differences between men and women, rather than of discrimination.
In November he visited Cambridge to speak at the Union, an event that was interrupted by a student dressed as a lobster. Professor Peterson uses the example of lobsters to argue that hierarchies are a natural phenomenon.
Professor Peterson was active on Twitter after the offer of a visiting fellowship was withdrawn, but made no comment.
In December St Edmund’s College, Cambridge awarded Noah Carl the Toby Jackman Newton Trust research fellowship. He is a social scientist who has spoken at a eugenics conference and has said that hostility to immigrant groups draws on “rational beliefs” about stereotypes that are “quite accurate”.
After 200 academics signed a letter criticising the scholar St Edmund’s set up an external grievance committee to look into it.
I'd bet that not one of those members of the Student's Union have read that book (12 rules for Life). I've read much of 'Mein Kampf' (well, some of it before it became boring), but I'd be happy to debate it with anyone, some of Marx's 'Das Kapital' (although I needed sleep well before page 3).

What the hell is wrong with these people? Is enstupidation the rule at our universities? Do the taxpayers subidise it?

Probably the best place for this link: Cambridge turns away alt-right darling Jordan Peterson

Even the Times uses the 'alt-right' label in its headline; presumably the interns are in charge of the midnight-to-6 content.

I'd bet that not one of those members of the Student's Union have read that book (12 rules for Life). I've read much of 'Mein Kampf' (well, some of it before it became boring), but I'd be happy to debate it with anyone, some of Marx's 'Das Kapital' (although I needed sleep well before page 3).

What the hell is wrong with these people? Is enstupidation the rule at our universities? Do the taxpayers subidise it?
All they're after is confirmation bias, as anything else challenges their "safe space".

The dull cunts don't even understand the concept of differing ideologies & debating the merits/negatives thereof.
Western society will be truly fucked when these precious pillocks use their 2/2 in PPE to become MP's.

All they're after is confirmation bias, as anything else challenges their "safe space".

The dull cunts don't even understand the concept of differing ideologies & debating the merits/negatives thereof.
Western society will be truly fucked when these precious pillocks use their 2/2 in PPE to become MP's.

The article describes him as "...a psychology professor with controversial views on gender, race and political correctness,"
I suppose this means he has an opinion that differs from what they want to believe?

The article describes him as "...a psychology professor with controversial views on gender, race and political correctness,"
Are there any 'conventional' views on political correctness?

I have just checked the dictionary definition of controversial. It means "causing disagreement or discussion...". Isn't that a good thing, particularly at a university?

Most students (engineer, scientists, medics, vets etc) are working hard to get a degree while worrying about the penury that the Loan system is getting them into. There is (and always has been) a small noisy and very opinionated group of students (xxxx studies departments) who use the Student Representative Councils as platforms to promote their, usually fairly immature views. The real disaster is that the academic hierarchy are so pusillanimous about each issue and inevitably take the path of least resistance in the face of a PR storm.

Don't worry the University system is going to get a dose of reality shortly.

Common Purpose by the look of it
Do you mean 'COMMUNIST Purpose'?

How is Jordan Peterson 'alt right'? I have watched a few off his videos and would describe him as as liberal/just right of centre? The American Professor Steven Pinker refers to a mythical 'left pole' occupied by the strident, from which all opposing voices are seen as coming from the right.

The video is on YouTube.

penury that the Loan system is getting them into.
A fallacy put about by the left who thought up the loan system in the first place. Most of these students will never pay back the loan and a very large number of those will never pay back any of it as the poor degree choice they made and the effort they put into achieving a pass will only qualify them for shop assistant with earnings below the threshold of repayment. Those that got a good degree in a good subject will never notice the repayments comming out of their earning.

...and meanwhile, over at Goldsmiths...

"The student union welfare and liberation officer, Mona Mounir, said: “From harassment in classrooms to a lack of mental health provision, a Eurocentric curriculum and an outrageous BAME attainment gap, every day students and staff of colour experience interpersonal and institutional racism. "
Kehinde Andrews, professor of black studies at Birmingham City University gets in his piece, too. "I’ve had too many experiences of trying to explain how something is racist that I have almost given up trying, and can see why so many people get frustrated." Me too, bro.

Apparently, 40% of the student body is 'BAME' but they're all being harassed and discriminated against.

Latest Threads