Latest snowflake outrage

The Honour system
Cadets were expected to report cadets they saw drinking, therefore they sat back to back, not making eye contact and could therefore honourably report they had seen no offences.

In relation to the news item, it would probably be easier to just nip by the offy and drink alone like a sad b@stard, or just claim the nervous twitch defence.
Had nothing to do with the honour system what he was referring to. It had to do with eating at attention in the mess using drill movements while staring straight ahead to expedite the meal without any distractions, business only, no social aspect at all. The practice was abolished because the cadets were not getting enough nourishment.

Last edited:
The ordinary shmoes such as myself have been screaming for years about curtailing mass immigration, as well as climate change and natural resource management. Problem is, we ain't rich enough to care about.

We would have had more response talking directly to the trees and asking them to suck up CO2 faster than talking to our government who have increased immigration despite jobs growth going down and betting on the 'gig economy' to sort things out, allowed all the major natural gas reserves we have off WA to be sold off to other countries rather than being used in the country to power natural gas generators rather than relying on the coal plants we have which struggle during peak load and seem to break down a lot lately during these heat waves we seem to be having more frequently, and have given the go ahead for a giant coal mine to be built in QLD that would run off into the Great Barrier Reef.

You couldn't make this shit up.
No and it's happening all over the world so you don't need to.

and this rider "Sara Thornton, chairman of the National Police Chiefs’ Council, said unless changes were made, the rank and file would remain overwhelmingly white for decades to come. Mr Furlong’s employment tribunal in Liverpool was told that in 2015 chief officers at Cheshire Police launched an ‘action plan’ to recruit more black, Asian and female officers"

My bold on the last rider ... WTF is wrong is wrong with that, surely the UK is STILL has a majority WHITE population and straight, or is this just another effort to change all that by our establishment?
The difference is in the %, we have a white percentage of 87, a male percentage of 50 and heterosexcual percentage of about 90. now I don't know the exact figures for any specific police force but I'm willing to bet that they are all biased towards white, male and heterosexual.

Here's a radical thought - best person for the job regardless of where they stick their willy, whether they have one or not or shade of hide. That's about as equal as you can get. Anything else is discriminatory.

White job seekers in SA don't even bother applying for most advertised jobs any more, the adverts stating that AA applies. Govt in particular would rather hire someone with no qualification, experience or clue, or freeze the position if called out on it, than hire someone not fitting their racial requirement.

The difference is in the %, we have a white percentage of 87, a male percentage of 50 and heterosexcual percentage of about 90. now I don't know the exact figures for any specific police force but I'm willing to bet that they are all biased towards white, male and heterosexual.
Perhaps it's because suitable people from the under-represented demographics don't want to be police officers.
Recruitment should be on merit alone, though IMO targeted advertising would be OK so long as it didn't omit any particular type.

Perhaps it's because suitable people from the under-represented demographics don't want to be police officers.
Recruitment should be on merit alone, though IMO targeted advertising would be OK so long as it didn't omit any particular type.
This. Carefully targeted drives to get more BAME applying is absolutely fine. Once they start the winnowing process, it should be completely and utterly on individual merit. If the best candidates end up being white males, so be it.

Last edited:
I'm sure they don't but therein lies a problem. If the police force is entirely [and I know they're not] white male and heterosexual it significantly increases the risk that it also becomes a bastion of prejudice. One of the parts of being a police officer is dealing with people and its simple psychology, people fear and dislike what they don't know, you don't need deliberate KKK infiltration to produce a white racist police force you just need a force with no coloured people in it. You only need to look back at the behavior of the police historically to see that there have been elements of prejudice of all kinds. The biggest example would probably be the attitude to domestic violence against women. It has long been said that it is not enough for justice to be done it must be seen to be done and however successfully or not that is what the police are trying to achieve.

Apparently , winking is now a custodian sentence. Am sure there’s moribanky more to the case (tis the fail ) but repesting winking.

Man, 36, is to appear in court accused of propositioning a woman by WINKING at her in pub | Daily Mail Online

Maybe there’s a typo and there should be an A instead of an I here

In the future , we all go into bars, look forward , drink up at set sequences akin to what officer cadets used to do at West Point, Colorado Springs, Annapolis , up till 2 decades ago..during meal times.

Cheers
I have walked past the bar in question.
No, to be more accurate, I sprinted as fast as I could. It's a shit-hole, as is most of that area.
I'm surprised anyone noticed Mr Kwiecien winking at anybody. The facial expressions of the clientele have a myriad of twitches, tics and of course, scars.

**** me I am angry today lol
lol . . . LOL ?
Take yourself out, put yourself on a charge and then quietly bang your head against a wall, repeating the mantra

"LOL is not to be used on mature forums like ARRSE"

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this, but I suppose the Snowflakes who make these sort of decisions come into this category. … Graduate, 25, turned down by the police because he isn’t disabled, gay or black | Daily Mail Online

snip "The son of a police chief who tried to join his father’s force was rejected for being ‘a white, heterosexual male without disability’.
Matthew Furlong, 25, had applied for his ‘dream job’ as a constable with Cheshire Police, where his father, Liam, 52, is a detective inspector
He performed well in tests and at interview but the force was so desperate for more recruits from ethnic minorities or who were gay or transgender that it refused to hire him.
Mr Furlong, who has a degree in particle physics from Lancaster University, lodged a discrimination claim against Cheshire Police under equality legislation, and won."

and this rider "Sara Thornton, chairman of the National Police Chiefs’ Council, said unless changes were made, the rank and file would remain overwhelmingly white for decades to come. Mr Furlong’s employment tribunal in Liverpool was told that in 2015 chief officers at Cheshire Police launched an ‘action plan’ to recruit more black, Asian and female officers"

My bold on the last rider ... WTF is wrong is wrong with that, surely the UK is STILL has a majority WHITE population and straight, or is this just another effort to change all that by our establishment?
This is the Left virtue signalling at their finest - putting the average non-disabled straight White guy at the bottom of the pile to make themselves feel better through racial, sexual and able-bodied discernment.

I'm glad this kid didn't remain quiet over this blatant discrimination.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
That bit of the police obviously thought they were above the law - or were too stupid to understand that they were not.

I'm sure they don't but therein lies a problem. If the police force is entirely [and I know they're not] white male and heterosexual it significantly increases the risk that it also becomes a bastion of prejudice. One of the parts of being a police officer is dealing with people and its simple psychology, people fear and dislike what they don't know, you don't need deliberate KKK infiltration to produce a white racist police force you just need a force with no coloured people in it. You only need to look back at the behavior of the police historically to see that there have been elements of prejudice of all kinds. The biggest example would probably be the attitude to domestic violence against women. It has long been said that it is not enough for justice to be done it must be seen to be done and however successfully or not that is what the police are trying to achieve.
Why would that be the fault of the police force? If minorities wish to have more minority officers, perhaps they should make more effort to become part of the solution rather than bleat about what they perceive as a problem.

It's quite evident that the whining about equality is not about equality but rather about being special.

Blame the education system, I bet quite a few don't realise that positive discrimination no matter how well intentioned, is still discrimination
Soon the UK will be like South Africa has become with 'Affirmitive Action' (AA) being practiced everywhere to ensure the Black man is the first past the post in every situation.

White men are literally being replaced in post by Black men through AA and nothing can be done aboout it.

Many Leftys would say this is 'payback time', but it was wrong when Blacks were being discriminated against, however it's still wrong when applied to Whites.

Not just the Police that appear to be eschewing white males.
Fire service is accused of discrimination amid claims it has made entry tests harder for white men | Daily Mail Online

if the story is true, it’s direct discrimination and therefore not just unfair but illegal, but if Cheshire Police have been taken to court over similar and lost, who knows what malpractices are being nodded through in the current parody of equality by the cretins running certain organisations.
Harder for white men, how?

Did the recruitment process involve Disco dancing, only spawning a single offspring with a single baby-mother and having a >9" cock?

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm in sympathy with the lad here.

I am also the possessor a fine pair of radar dishes, but they stood out even more when I was younger. Not quite as bad as on this boy, but definitely in Martin Clunes+ territory. As boy will be boys, I was teased for the size of my ears and became extremely sensitive about them, depressed and scared of going to school or out playing at all.

I was booked in for elective surgery at the local BMH when I was around 6 years old because it was agreed that my mental well-being was being adversely affected. In my teens I always had my hair as full and long as possible to try to hide my ears, which still stuck out at the tips but not so much as they had done previously. I was always very aware of them. Nowadays I don't care, but it took until my twenties before I could accept them and just get on with my life.

This lad has a slightly bigger problem than I did and I don't blame him or his mother for pressing for corrective cosmetic surgery. It isn't just a physical feature, it is likely a deep psychological problem for him which will only go away when he gets the chance to build his self-confidence.

Latest Threads