Latest snowflake outrage

What is it with these nutters ?

Look I don't care how adults choose to fuel their body, they're big enough and ugly enough to decide for themselves.
If they realise they need to take Vit B12 supplements to live that's fine. If they can convince themselves that these supplements don't come from animals so they can pretend they only eat veggies, then that's cracking.

When they withhold aminos from growing children because of their own bigoted* views it becomes child neglect at best, if not downright abuse.

But, and this seems to be part of the gig with many of the trendies, (stand fast @Dwarf,) WTF is it with the names ?
The lunatic neighbour in your link calling her daughter "River" - perhaps to remind her of the batter that ran down her buttock ?

FFS weirdos, do what you will to yourselves but please leave children out of your fantasies.

* See, their favourite word does work both ways.
B12 doesn't originate in animals. Bacteria and yeasts are not animals and the B12 in meat is only there as the animals either eat feed with microbes on it, or are given supplements themselves.

I get mine from Meridian Yeast extract.

I look forward to the day when some company instead of apologising tells the offended to go fcuk themselves.
I think Ryanair have been doing that for decades.

B12 doesn't originate in animals. Bacteria and yeasts are not animals and the B12 in meat is only there as the animals either eat feed with microbes on it, or are given supplements themselves.

I get mine from Meridian Yeast extract.
Not quite correct: ruminants, particularly, continue to produce B12 in their gut after having ingested it from soil/plants.

They don't need to study because the majority know they're going to be top ace footballers or models or film stars or drug dealers.
My lad is at uni at the mo, I can't knock him really.
He works in spoons as a team leader when not studying, doesn't touch his loan apart from rent and generally is doing well and wanting to teach.
Admirable and I consider as parents we have done a good job.
However they other week, when I ring him and he says one of his flatmates is "fcuked off her face on MDMA and Charlie" and he needed to carry her upstairs and basically stag on all night........
He said to me that he enjoys a few pints and a cig but "Dad, why is everybody taking shit?"
He is 22 and thinks his own generation are a bunch of cocks.
Why is it that I constantly hear of how well rounded ex service kids are and do/are doing well in life then you hear stories like that?
I think it may be down to one word DISCIPLINE, nothing wrong with the work hard, play hard ethic.

Am I the only person thinking is this society not all getting a bit "Brave New World" Give them their daily Soma and whisper in their ears at night, then everyone eventually will tow the line?
I was under the impression that we did away with that in 1945?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
My lad is at uni at the mo, I can't knock him really.
He works in spoons as a team leader when not studying, doesn't touch his loan apart from rent and generally is doing well and wanting to teach.
Admirable and I consider as parents we have done a good job.
However they other week, when I ring him and he says one of his flatmates is "fcuked off her face on MDMA and Charlie" and he needed to carry her upstairs and basically stag on all night........
He said to me that he enjoys a few pints and a cig but "Dad, why is everybody taking shit?"
He is 22 and thinks his own generation are a bunch of cocks.
Why is it that I constantly hear of how well rounded ex service kids are and do/are doing well in life then you hear stories like that?
I think it may be down to one word DISCIPLINE, nothing wrong with the work hard, play hard ethic.

Am I the only person thinking is this society not all getting a bit "Brave New World" Give them their daily Soma and whisper in their ears at night, then everyone eventually will tow the line?
I was under the impression that we did away with that in 1945?
I was referring to pupils not students but, seeing as you have brought it up, I do not get any worthwhile impression when reading about the changes students want to make in this country. Decrying the past and present is not going to improve their, or our situation.

People on here tell us just how wonderful their offspring are but I read the same thing from parents/friends where facts seem to indicate they are not the "little darlings" they are deemed to be.

Perhaps if, as in common with the majority of people in this country, they were to make their voice heard more of us might be inclined to listen/agree.

There has been formal studies that show teenagers brains don't work well in the morning.
This may be because they actually do need the extra sleep to cope with growing up etc.
There have also been formal studies which show that most adults who have the chance work better in the morning than the pm.
To the best of my knowledge these are US and UK studies.
I reckon most of the signatees are teachers, the lazy knobs

Last edited:
I was referring to pupils not students but, seeing as you have brought it up, I do not get any worthwhile impression when reading about the changes students want to make in this country. Decrying the past and present is not going to improve their, or our situation.

People on here tell us just how wonderful their offspring are but I read the same thing from parents/friends where facts seem to indicate they are not the "little darlings" they are deemed to be.

Perhaps if, as in common with the majority of people in this country, they were to make their voice heard more of us might be inclined to listen/agree.
You mean the Mail and bbc give them far too much publicity for what they actually are.
I was at a May day rally in Germany in 2001.
Some of the youngsters were drinking Raddlers (which in this case was Fanta mixed with coke) whilst sitting on their Mofers.
The Sun etc would have had them as boozed up teenagers, the reality was that they were mixing with their parents and other adults learning to be adults themselves.
Good Rally, called the Kupferpaste.

I reckon most of the signatees are teachers, the lazy knobs
Sure. Theyre still going to be getting to work at 0730 to avoid the traffic and everyone else who will be leaving earlier to avoid the ‘school run’ (modern children can’t use their legs). Leaving school at 1700 straight into gridlock so spending an extra hour getting home...
Just bin the BST clock change and the poor little darlings will get an extra hour in bed for the entire Exam Season, job jobbed
*insert Native American quote re: cutting off bottom of blanket*.
*insert “bigger boat” quote*.

I agree in total, I am not so naive to know I only get half of a story.
That's no different to when you go see the doc and whatever you tell them about tabs and ale, they double it on your notes.
The problem is some of the attitudes of the people. The very "snowflakes" the thread is about.
I am all for free speech, we live in a democratic system, which has been hard fought for over many years.
However when people start spouting this that and the other, there does have to be a limit. The basic rules of sensibility have to apply.

Let's make it super simple,
Just realise most citizens do not care! We worry if we have electric, running hot and cold and food in our cupboards.
We are not really fussed if you are from the multi-coloured swap shop or not. Whether you prefer tofu to steak, whether you would see wars fought with Ken Dodd's tickling sticks or bombs and bullets.
Not fussed, life will go on and be what it is.
Yes there are right's and wrongs in the world, but we all know the basic rules.
The main one being the selfish, look after number one! Then you can worry about 2,3,4 etc.

They don't need to study because the majority know they're going to be top ace footballers or models or film stars or drug dealers.
Which is why you'll still need the Polish bloke to do your plumbing, the Asian family to run the the corner shop, the Roumanian to pick your winter veg, etc. because the Englishman who could be doing this is too bloody stupid and idle.

Bit of trivia I learned recently. In 1901 we were having a Jewish immigrant issue; fleeing pogroms, largely but not entirely in Russia, they settled in England, many in the East end of London. Popular myth had it they were idle, stupid, thieving and a drain on the rates [what passed for social security in that time was all local government funded and thus fell on ratepayers]. The census office was able to study the figures, and the Jewish population was 10 times less likely [1 in 1000] to be in receipt of benefits than the indigenous English [1 in 100]. This news was not well received and the first ever immigration act was passed a couple of years later to keep foreigners out. Funny how the most economically successful city in the UK is also the one with the lowest indigenous white English population.

Ryanair have been saying that to their customers for decades.
For a while I flew Ryanair virtually weekly. In ~ 70 flights each costing little more than the bus fare to the airport and half the taxi fare from it, I was late once [about 5 hours] because the aircraft malfunctioned, the staff were always polite and helpful and on the delayed flight we were all given a voucher to buy some food while we waited for the replacement aircraft. I've heard a lot about this other second rate Ryanair, presumably from a bunch of snowflakes.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Bit of trivia I learned recently. In 1901 we were having a Jewish immigrant issue; fleeing pogroms, largely but not entirely in Russia, they settled in England, many in the East end of London. Popular myth had it they were idle, stupid, thieving and a drain on the rates [what passed for social security in that time was all local government funded and thus fell on ratepayers]. The census office was able to study the figures, and the Jewish population was 10 times less likely [1 in 1000] to be in receipt of benefits than the indigenous English [1 in 100]. This news was not well received and the first ever immigration act was passed a couple of years later to keep foreigners out. Funny how the most economically successful city in the UK is also the one with the lowest indigenous white English population.
Such immigrants were not of large numbers at any one time. They also tended to work unlike the doctor/lawyer/engineer, military age type of immigrants involved in recent years.

Which is why you'll still need the Polish bloke to do your plumbing, the Asian family to run the the corner shop, the Roumanian to pick your winter veg, etc. because the Englishman who could be doing this is too bloody stupid and idle.

The areas of London that produce the most money are either heavily white English, or at the least white Europeans/Commonwealth (Due to high-value jobs requiring an immigrant - particularly in finance)

And London is 'successful' because it has, for the last century, had the most investment per capita than anywhere else in the country.

You're making an argument to support your own views. Not one based on facts.

Public spending by country and region - Commons Library briefing - UK Parliament

The spending figure that shows how the Government is neglecting the North

You're hardly going to be successful if you don't have any infrastructure to support business.

Such immigrants were not of large numbers at any one time. They also tended to work unlike the doctor/lawyer/engineer, military age type of immigrants involved in recent years.
Do you have the census [or any other actual] data to back that up, just asking.

The areas of London that produce the most money are either heavily white English, or at the least white Europeans/Commonwealth (Due to high-value jobs requiring an immigrant - particularly in finance)
Again do you have the data to support that.

And London is 'successful' because it has, for the last century, had the most investment per capita than anywhere else in the country.

You're making an argument to support your own views. Not one based on facts.

Public spending by country and region - Commons Library briefing - UK Parliament

The spending figure that shows how the Government is neglecting the North

You're hardly going to be successful if you don't have any infrastructure to support business.
Ah the command economy hypothesis, that successful business needs government expenditure to exist. Disproved by the whole of the industrial revolution where no name villages became major industrial cities without any government investment at all.

Again do you have the data to support that.

Ah the command economy hypothesis, that successful business needs government expenditure to exist. Disproved by the whole of the industrial revolution where no name villages became major industrial cities without any government investment at all.
First bit - yes, wait out, im at work so give me some time.

Second bit - no, that's not what i said. However, you would reasonably assume that there is an increase in economic output if an area has the relevant infrastructure in place.

Your industrial revolution argument is a whole different subject. And I don't believe you are correct in your assertion either as correlation and causation are not the same.