Latest snowflake outrage

Usual stuff, someone who doesn't follow the party line tries to use the same tactics as the party and gets swamped by neanderthals trying to take the pis$$. Obviously the whole thing was doomed to failure as the image the BBC used contained only smartly dressed young people, no asians, no coloured hair, more males than females and only one who could be either.

Awwwwwww Diddums has to get up at 0800 to go to school... It's so unfair....

'Lying in doesn't mean we're lazy'
There has been formal studies that show teenagers brains don't work well in the morning.
This may be because they actually do need the extra sleep to cope with growing up etc.
There have also been formal studies which show that most adults who have the chance work better in the morning than the pm.
To the best of my knowledge these are US and UK studies.

There has been formal studies that show teenagers brains don't work well in the morning.
This may be because they actually do need the extra sleep to cope with growing up etc.
There have also been formal studies which show that most adults who have the chance work better in the morning than the pm.
So late nights on the p@ss are bad for teens ?
Right, time gate the poor darlings before their development slows and they end up as vegetables. Lights out 2130. Revaille 0700

I know it’s bloody obvious but has anyone asked the little tykes what time they actually go to bed?
Exactly, better sleep discipline (lights out 11pm) and removing phones, tablets and laptops from the bedroom to create an hour's wind down before laying down some belt fed Zeds would be far better. Christ knows what they'd be like when applying for a job that entailed shift work or early starts.

Ah, but of course Mummies little darlings aren't going to be interested in lowly paid menial jobs, they're studying hard to attend University so they can get a ruinously expensive 2.2 in Basket Weaving and Social Media Studies...

So late nights on the p@ss are bad for teens ?
Right, time gate the poor darlings before their development slows and they end up as vegetables. Lights out 2130. Revaille 0700
Until I joined the army aged 21 I never had the money to go on late nights on the lash.
I am not supporting the idea which I said is not supported elsewhere in the world.
That said I personally am a morning person who is bright and bushytailed from the start of the working day.

Exactly, better sleep discipline (lights out 11pm) and removing phones, tablets and laptops from the bedroom to create an hour's wind down before laying down some belt fed Zeds would be far better. Christ knows what they'd be like when applying for a job that entailed shift work or early starts.

Ah, but of course Mummies little darlings aren't going to be interested in lowly paid menial jobs, they're studying hard to attend University so they can get a ruinously expensive 2.2 in Basket Weaving and Social Media Studies...
As many will never earn enough to pay of the debt that probably doesn't matter to them.

That said I personally am a morning person who is bright and bushytailed from the start of the working day.

TBH I'm the opposite, I can't stand mornings but I'm quite happy to do nights, mainly because I can do my job without interference from the office politics and f*ckwits who insist on asking you to do stuff that's not your part of ship.

Kipping is a bit of an issue though. Last job I had was desk based and I had 2 weeks of nights out of every 4 for 4 years continuous. To help me kip during the daytime in the staffhouse the company rented I had the windows tinfoiled over and covered with thick black plastic rubbish bags on the inside to keep the daytime heat and light out. Made for several interesting conversations with Plod who would stop by on occasion to have a word with the "IC1 Male suspected drug dealer" living on the top floor of the block of flats.

Sleep council says teenagers need 8-9hrs of sleep. 2200-0700, there you go. Except that kids are on tinternet or COD until 0300 then stagger up the road at 0855 chugging red bull...
Parents “have no idea” why their kids are tired and performing badly because they’re “in bed by 2200”...
“Do you block their WiFi?” I ask,
*blank look*
Or on the rare occasion where they do; “Do you take their 4G phone/tablet off them?”
*blank look*
(I’ve had this conversation with my Oxford graduate, partner in major bank, BIL about my niece, unfortunately his wife is a SME in everything so what do I know about their child?)

Sure, if kids start at 1000 they’ll be more awake, maybe for a week until they start going to bed/sleep even later...

I am aware of some of these studies, and being a little more scientific they looked at the behaviour of teenagers in the context of the last 10,000 years not last week. Based on the behaviour of certain other juvenile males of our close heritage it may well be that the only way for young males to have sex it to wait until the older males have gone to sleep, or at least not be able to see them because it's dark, then they need a lie in in the morning. Inevitably these traits also get into the female of the species via their paternal chromosomes.

Strange that on the continent of Europe most schools start much earlier in the morning. It seems that the British pupils (and their septic mentors) are the ones out of step.

They don't need to study because the majority know they're going to be top ace footballers or models or film stars or drug dealers.

Latest Threads