Latest snowflake outrage

Are those feminists suggesting that those must have fancy little knickers are only for women ?

Expect howls of outrage from the lbtqwerty brigade....
No, I think they are protesting against the use of dummies in the display, denying self esteem enhancing opportunities for real women - students, housewives, professionals, office workers, factory workers, etc, to earn money by modelling.

I think....

M&S knickers display 'vomit-inducing'

Okay then, I will just leave this here and see what the response is.

Interestingly, my current wife looked at the report and muttered something along the lines of "Bloody idiots with nothing better to do...."
From the article:

Speaking to the BBC, she said the display had "incensed" her for two reasons and had put her off from shopping at M&S.

"I think M&S using the slogan 'must-have' over Christmas fripperies is very distasteful when true necessities are lacking for many working and non-working people; the true necessities being warmth, shelter and food," she said.

"I also feel very, very strongly about the representation of women as being preoccupied with fancy little knickers, whereas men are presented as powerful and needing to be impressive.

"I don't have a problem with people choosing to wear whatever they want to wear, I just feel like the juxtaposition is what's grossly, grossly offensive.

Christmas around her place must be a laugh a minute.

From the article:

Speaking to the BBC, she said the display had "incensed" her for two reasons and had put her off from shopping at M&S.

"I think M&S using the slogan 'must-have' over Christmas fripperies is very distasteful when true necessities are lacking for many working and non-working people; the true necessities being warmth, shelter and food," she said.

"I also feel very, very strongly about the representation of women as being preoccupied with fancy little knickers, whereas men are presented as powerful and needing to be impressive.

"I don't have a problem with people choosing to wear whatever they want to wear, I just feel like the juxtaposition is what's grossly, grossly offensive.

I should cocoa. Here, have a Brussels sprout with your tofu.

From the article:

Quite. She was interviewed on Five Live this evening and tried to compare the M&S display with the trauma a young woman rape victim had suffered during a recent trial in NI. She was completely devoid of humour. To be fair, the female radio presenter ripped her a new one for this crass comparison.
Where does it all end? They’ll be coming after Carry On films next, not that I’m a fan, but hopefully you get my drift. The twats.

Last edited:
I wonder how she feels about the telly advert I saw last night.Some bloke trying to take a bath, and a gaggle of young women gawking at him through a one way mirror, and swooning/fainting because he got undressed?

I wonder how she feels about the telly advert I saw last night.Some bloke trying to take a bath, and a gaggle of young women gawking at him through a one way mirror, and swooning/fainting because he got undressed?
Tolerance and understanding only works one way. We have to get with the programme!

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Ironic that these screaming viragos don't realise that they are making the whole of womankind look stupid.

Ironic that these screaming viragos don't realise that they are making the whole of womankind look stupid.
Very true. Times were much simpler when we only had two genders to consider too!

From the article:

Funnyn how she failed to address the other display of women's clothes which used the same "Must have outfits to impress" slogan as the men's display.
I guess this minor point wasn't worth the stupid bitch vomiting over.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
M&S knickers display 'vomit-inducing'

Okay then, I will just leave this here and see what the response is.

Interestingly, my current wife looked at the report and muttered something along the lines of "Bloody idiots with nothing better to do...."
The only thing I remember about Nottingham was the stone lions in the Market Square which used to roar every time a virgin went by.

Well it got M&S a lot of free publicity. The juxtaposition of the suits for men/knickers for women was probably a bit of a 'Doh'. Suits for men and women in one window, knickers and boxers in the other ad line on the underwear window "life isn't all about being serious".

Latest Threads