Latest snowflake outrage

That's how I recall it. Similarly for applying for the Direct Entry schools.
I have no idea, but my primary education started in German in the German system, transferred to BF in Libya, then when Dad left the Army I also had a short spell in an Italian school in Benghazi , I was sent to Boarding school in the U.K. so there was no real reason for me not to be entered. I still have no rational explanation other than I must have been an abysmal pupil. It is entirely possible.

Some of his putdowns are pure class

His wit’s as thick as a Tewkesbury mustard - Henry IV

Go, prick thy face, and over-red thy fear, Thou lily-liver’d boy - Macbeth

Thou cream faced loon! - Macbeth

Must use the last one more often
You forgot the classic from Titus Andronicus:

"Villain, I have done thy mother."

Shakespeare is not meant to be read, it should be heard.
And yes I did it with Chaucer at school and did not enjoy it.
@Excognito the excuse the left used to get rid of the 11+ was it favoured middle class pupils with books at home.
It actually favoured children with intelligent parent of any class who had books at home, and should be brought back for that reason.
I am thick as pigshit, and was even then, but as I self-identified as an intelligent bookworm I managed to get into Grammar school anyway.

I’m posting this not so much for the content of the article (which largely re-confirms ,as if it were needed that the future is fcuked) but for the highly informative table of ‘’How to be cancelled by Gen Z’’.

For most of us here, it’s an excellent instruction manual and I shall be assidiously ensuring I ask every one of the fcukers about their sexual orientation and ordering a steak (though the skinny jeans might be a stretch (SWIDT?)).

I’m posting this not so much for the content of the article (which largely re-confirms ,as if it were needed that the future is fcuked) but for the highly informative table of ‘’How to be cancelled by Gen Z’’.

For most of us here, it’s an excellent instruction manual and I shall be assidiously ensuring I ask every one of the fcukers about their sexual orientation and ordering a steak (though the skinny jeans might be a stretch (SWIDT?)).

"A sex-positive queer influencer".

I understand all the individual words, but...

Gen Z will cancel you if you…
● Ask about their sexual orientation
● Use a plastic straw
● Order a steak
● Wear skinny jeans
● Talk to them on iMessage instead of Instagram
● Don’t have BeReal
● Send them a winky or crying laughing face or a monkey face emoji
● Put a full stop at the end of your text
● Use cleansing wipes
● Get a balayage dip-dye
● Still like Harry Potter
● Make a heart shape with your hands in photos
● Love avocados

I think these 'Gen Z' posers (and that's all they are - most folk of that age couldn't give a flying procreation about all that stuff), need to grow up before the real world slaps them down hard.
  • They want to change the world - congratulations, so have every generation of teenagers since the term was coined.
  • They want to be treated differently to everyone else - good luck with that when you are in a commercial workplace outside of media or fashion.
  • They want to prevent alternative views being heard by 'cancelling' them. That's generally known as 'ignorance is bliss', and is not a good approach to a successful future.
  • They think that being hyper-'fashionable' is the way forward. A shame that the next generation will think that 'Tik-Tok', ReBeal (no idea - but not bothered enough to Google it), and veganism are 'like, so last year' and laugh at their elders who used them.

We were a poor familly and every penny counted. Never enough money and mum often went without heat in the house during the day in winter to save a few bob.

About 1963 Dad started to buy Knowledge magazine this would have been a considered option for someone who checked the shopping price to the halfpenny. This was a sacrifice.

I devoured every issue, the artwork was superb.
Passed my 11 plus went to grammar school which entailed more sacrifice on the part of my parents.
Uniform e.t.c. I was a free school meals kid.

Set me up for life. But of course it only benefited middle class kids!!!!!

The destruction of the Grammar school system which benefited so many poor kids like me shows the left in it's true colours and to hell with the lot of them.

I still have all 216 copies of Knowledge, dad is gone, but as long as mum is around I will hang on to them.
A re-read as a retirement project might not be a bad idea.
Indeed, I still have some of the early ones, I think I have about 50 of them.

endure

GCM
Cover me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbian sluts
lezzers.jpg

When we lived in Missoula, two doors up from our house lived a lesbian couple. Very nice young ladies and both drop dead gorgeous. They would invite us to their BBQ's and we'd do the same, their business is none of mine and they were real good neighbours, no different to the billions of other folks around the world.

Latest Threads