Latest snowflake outrage

So many threads where this could go but it's landing here.
William Kentridge, highly successful South African artist spake thus.

“South Africa is ahead of the UK because we have such a shameful past, and yet we have built a consensus on that,”

On the Churchill statue.

“I think [the UK] could just take some of these monuments off their plinths and dig a hole in the ground, then bury them up to their waists,” he says. “So you can see them, but you’re looking down on them."
“They put a wooden palisade around the Churchill statue in Parliament,” Kentridge says. “That palisade was saying, for British people, Churchill is the greatest Britain who ever lived. But for millions of Indians who starved because all grain was taken for the British forces during the war, he’s not a hero. Putting that wooden fence around him was great. It said: he’s in there somewhere. You can't see him, but we know of his presence"
There are erseholes and orseholes. I think this fellow belongs in the second category.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Three small points.

#001 - As @ancienturion mentioned, he should apply himself more here, for example he could pitch at a rally, ANC, EFF, MK or APLA, and tell all present that they should confront their shameful past.
I'm sure Julius would be most appreciative.

#002 - Being "highly successful" does not prevent one being a complete doos.

#003 - Anyone in the modern era who "spake thus" proves beyond doubt they're the drippy end of a ewe.

#001 - I often wondered what those Afrikaners were talking about when they said I was 'doos'. I thought it was a great credit to my thrusting Managerial Excellence, and bought them a beer.
#002 - I speak thus. Behave, poesie.

Thirty9

Swinger
As a normal bloke, i think anyone who gives it large about Churchill is best ignored. Was he 100% a saint? Nope (who is? Apart from St George Floyd). Did he save democracy in the whole of Europe? Yes.

It would seem that Kentridge is in need of publicity because although the Academy has heard of him I haven't. Personally I would prefer that person to apply himself more in South Africa where I should think his talents are more likely to be appreciated.

Hell be p1ssed off that he's generationed out and is no longer eligible for a British passport, poor little rooinek.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Used to drink in the pub ( early 1990s) with an Arnhem veteran. Every year he'd pop over for the reunion/pissup/remembrance service for a week.
I'm sat in the pub having a pint and in walks Bert.
Home early.
Asked him why he'd come home early and his reply was that he'd seen a group of blokes wearing the kit he wore surrounded by a large crowd of onlookers, so wandered over to see what was appertaining.
"Oh, we're a living history re-enactment group."
Now, this is a bunch of spunkbubbles re-enacting Bert's mob. So he tells them their belt rig is wrong, this is wrong, that's wrong etc etc.
Spunkbubble No1 turns to Bert and snarls "what the fcuk would know!"
Bert was on the next plane back and never went again.
I have very little time or respect for these people due, in part for what they did to Bert.
One of the "spunkbubbles," as you put it, who used to drop into the comemmoration in period kit wasn't an Arnhem veteran either, he could also be quite short with people, but being an Oatmeal Savage that's no surprise.

Here's a photo of him walting as a Para in 1944.
Jock-Hutton_1.png

Another here pretending to be a Rhodesian participant on Op Gatling into Zambia in 1978.
baleta%2B%2526%2Bhutton.jpg

I could post some of him reenacting 5 Recce too.

Jock had no time for gobshites and I can't see him hanging around anyone with the attitude you mention.
Perhaps there's more to Bert's tale than you've been told.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#001 - I often wondered what those Afrikaners were talking about when they said I was 'doos'. I thought it was a great credit to my thrusting Managerial Excellence, and bought them a beer.
It does have something to do with thrusting, yes.

#002 - I speak thus. Behave, poesie.
But you speak or spoke, I've never noticed you spakeing.
Unless you're doing it in the privacy of your own longdrop.

It does have something to do with thrusting, yes.

But you speak or spoke, I've never noticed you spakeing.
Unless you're doing it in the privacy of your own longdrop.
It was only after I spoke to you last time that I thought; ' I wonder what he thought I was doing while talking on the Blackberry. Heavy breathing can be misleading; I was jogging around the bloody mine, not wanking furiously at the sound of a Saffer's voice'.

Now I can reveal all. Anitah (Junior Security Manager) was present, but not involved. She jogs, but she jogs on the other side of the road.

Always fun to see just how loopy the lefties are: a decent description of the current state of the alphabet people.

Cool. They're eating each other. Funny how intolelerant the tolerant left are when their pet hangups get lightly nudged.

“South Africa is ahead of the UK because we have such a shameful past, and yet we have built a consensus on that,”

On the Churchill statue.

“I think [the UK] could just take some of these monuments off their plinths and dig a hole in the ground, then bury them up to their waists,” he says. “So you can see them, but you’re looking down on them."
“They put a wooden palisade around the Churchill statue in Parliament,” Kentridge says. “That palisade was saying, for British people, Churchill is the greatest Britain who ever lived. But for millions of Indians who starved because all grain was taken for the British forces during the war, he’s not a hero. Putting that wooden fence around him was great. It said: he’s in there somewhere. You can't see him, but we know of his presence"

Perhaps he should wind his neck in and quit involving himself in the policies of other countries. We all know what the place he left to go live in the nice safe UK looks like under the tender ministrations of his cANCer heroes.

It would seem that Kentridge is in need of publicity because although the Academy has heard of him I haven't. Personally I would prefer that person to apply himself more in South Africa where I should think his talents are more likely to be appreciated.
Also he speaks in that cobblers talk beloved of Yentob and all the other in thrall arty farty morons and talking heads who get rich doing naff all.

"And it sets it as a question mark, which is when the statue is at its most alive. Removing the statue does not take the question away. Leaving it doesn't solve the question. But that palisade allows for a space in between.”

That's as far as I got before for some reason thinking about the back sides of cricket bats etc.......

Last edited:

On the Churchill statue.

My bold, He sounds full of his own importance which is mainly crap. He should remember that there was another so called painter who also became obsessed with his own importance and caused an awful lot of trouble, hmm let me what was his name ...

Ah yes I've got it now ..... Schicklgruber but I think he changed it to something more Aryan sounding later!

Latest Threads