Latest snowflake outrage

Issi

LE
True! Wifey and I were in France with little cash and we didn't want to use our cards. Went to eat and Wifey wanted steak and chips!!! I worked out the money and she could have that, we could have a glass of wine each and ........ I could afford the cheapest meal on the menu - andouillette! The waiter asked me three times before accepting the order. I thought "sausage in mustard? What could go wrong? Well! This sausage in mustard sauce with chips arrived. It smelt a bit vinegary. I cut it open length wide and it fell apart juddering and wobbling - a sausage full of holes and tubes and stinking of vinegar and hot rancid pig guts. Wifey blanched, but not enough to stop eating her steak and chips. I gulped and tucked in. Do you know, so long as I didn't breath through my nose and I ate small forkfulls that I didn't have to chew, and I looked straight ahead, it was OK.

The restaurant were so impressed that I finished the plate and said "Merci, c'est trez bon" in bad French that they gave us a free bottle of wine :)
I had a similar experience in Normandy, but I’m not as nails as you, as I could only eat half of it before pushing the plate away.

The whiff of the farmyard, every time the fork got close to my nose got to me in the end, and I couldn’t finish.

The very next day we went to a farmers market, and a lady was giving out large chunks of sausage on cocktail sticks.
Of course, I went and got a thumb sized piece, and it was bloody Andouillette again!!

Last edited:
I had a similar experience in Normandy, but I’m not as nails as you, as I could only eat half of it before pushing the plate away.

The whiff of the farmyard every time the fork got close to my nose got me in the end, and I couldn’t finish.

The very next day we went to a farmers market, and a lady was giving out large chunks of sausage on cocktail sticks.
Of course, I went and got a thumb sized piece, and it was bloody Andouillette again!!
Ah, breath with the mouth and breath out when you put the delicate morsal in your mouth...apparantly, according to an ex girlfriend the technique is good for many things... :rolleyes:

I just prefer steak well done . Just my personal preference regarding steak and I think it to me anyway brings out the flavour although I can eat steak if a bit pink in the middle I just don't think it tastes as good

Have it cooked the way you want mate and feck the pretentious among us.

The Women's Institute have moved into the ethnic food market now?
Nice one centurion! :)

I would have said ‘Yes, Ai!’ but that’s cultural appropriation like eating West Indian food apparently. Cultural appreciation in my opinion.

Londo

LE
I always do . At home I usually cook any steak and the wife likes hers well done too so no problems there and when out I always ask for it well done .
Never had to send one back yet .

I remember Paul Rankin (TV chef) saying just that many moons ago.
His theory being, you pay for it so have it how you like it.
Struck me as a sensible comment.

I remember Paul Rankin (TV chef) saying just that many moons ago.
His theory being, you pay for it so have it how you like it.
Struck me as a sensible comment.
Likewise wine, if you want red wine with fish sod the wine snobs.

Apparently it is racist to use pictures of black people when reporting on monkeypox.

Bizarrely, the 'stock' pictures all seem to show... black people.
I wonder why?
Fill yer boots

Various animal species have been identified as susceptible to monkeypox virus.. This includes rope squirrels, tree squirrels, Gambian pouched rats, dormice, non-human primates and other species.

The whiff of the farmyard, every time the fork got close to my nose got to me in the end, and I couldn’t finish.

We were in this little village in Austria one winter, and unknowingly I took the spot of one of the locals, some old boy, in this bar.

Rest of the place was empty but he sat right next to us and just stared at me. I didn't know it was his spot and just assumed he was the village oddbodd.

Anyways, we order sausage and chips, as you do, and it came with a lovely side of what I thought was cheese. So I quickly stuffed this 'cheese' all in my mouth in one go.

It was grated horseradish.

Old boy started shaking like he was possessed, later found out that was how he laughed.

Why's he doing that? Oh.... OH!!!!!!!!!!! FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

My head exploded, I was on FIRE! I was a bit off for the rest of that day and I think I lost half my bodyweight in sweating, just from the pores on my head. Oh well, at least someone had a good laugh that day.

I reckon it would have killed a lesser man...

Last edited:
Imagine having to wait for a sausage and egg McMuffin, it's an outrage

Forrest Gump

Old-Salt
Every single photograph shown on any cookery website which purports to be a 'perfectly cooked' steak or beef shows uncooked beef or steak, with a mildly singed exterior.

This is disgusting. Good meat is cooked, unless it is smoked or dried. Red meat is uncooked and food for dogs.

South Africans, Americans and Australians take bloody note. All the rest; carry on with your monkeys, bats and rats.
And pangolins….