• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Latest snowflake outrage

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Same.
Lived with a kiwi bird in London, in the 80s, who was a veggie, for 6 months. (great ****, she was)
Came back to SA and had a steak.
Massive instestinal problems.
Jeeezus, took a while to get back into eating meat.
I have the solution.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Is there an antidote to Snowflakism? A hefty dose of man the f*** up (or girl the f*** up) perhaps? Common Sense? Reasonableness? Individual responsibility?
Character building experiences?

Can people be ruggedised? Can they learn to live with minor annoyances?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Is there an antidote to Snowflakism? A hefty dose of man the f*** up (or girl the f*** up) perhaps?
You missed Trans. And Identify as Other (IaO) and people born a man / woman / trans / other who identify as a hedgehog. Or a kumquat. Adolf.

Is there an antidote to Snowflakism? A hefty dose of man the f*** up (or girl the f*** up) perhaps? Common Sense? Reasonableness? Individual responsibility?
Character building experiences?

Can people be ruggedised? Can they learn to live with minor annoyances?
I work with a young "bloke" 23/24 years old. The least little thing triggers him. He`s like a menopausal old bint. He is known as the "Boy Wonder" by the rest of the team and his habit of shouting orders at people more experienced and senior to him is a problem. It really brightens my day when I get the opportunity to tell him to "Shut the **** up". His "Snowflakery " is so pronounced that a few days ago he ordered me to leave a room while he changed his trousers. How we laughed.

You missed Trans. And Identify as Other (IaO) and people born a man / woman / trans / other who identify as a hedgehog. Or a kumquat. Adolf.
They can trans up then.

I mentioned individual responsibility - the flip side of that has been the disempowerment of the individual compared to a process obsessed system and certain pressure groups. When making the right noises and showing the right virtues trumps being an individual and being true to one's own values and beliefs, then we are in trouble as a society.

Perhaps that is the answer - for people to work out what is important to them, what values they want people to associate with them, and to gain a sense of perspective - life in the West is a lot easier than in the developing world, being alive in 2018 beats being around in 1918.

I work with a young "bloke" 23/24 years old. The least little thing triggers him. He`s like a menopausal old bint. He is known as the "Boy Wonder" by the rest of the team and his habit of shouting orders at people more experienced and senior to him is a problem. It really brightens my day when I get the opportunity to tell him to "Shut the **** up". His "Snowflakery " is so pronounced that a few days ago he ordered me to leave a room while he changed his trousers. How we laughed.
Does he eat/drink Soy products? What triggers him? Banter? Things he does not understand?

Last edited:
What a Hermer.