Latest portrait of Her Majesty.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Troy, Sep 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's in the news today that a new portrait of Her Majesty the Queen has been unveiled. It will go on display for while untill Her Majesty names and launches the new ship Queen Elizabeth (QE3) at Southhampton next month.

For anyone wanting to take a look at it:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/20/article-1313654-0B4551A7000005DC-748_468x620.jpg

Frankly, I for one will be pleased to know there's another ship called Queen Elizabeth (QE3) sailing around carrying the name.

2. Rayc

Rayc RIP

She does look quite majestic!

3. Something was nagging me about this pic. Check out the left hand and arm. It looks, well, sort of, false Or like HMQ has had a stroke and the right arm is controlling it. Having said that, not a bad effort considering she did it in her mum's loft. Respect to HMQ for making it up the stairs is all I can say.

4. Ah, Rayc, still trying to contact you!! Without success on PM's. PLEASE could you email me goozle@live.co.uk

obliged

Marco.

note to Mods - tried contacting you regarding PM's but no response so had to do it this way.

5. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Oh crikey, I am now waiting for this to be posted into the "Birds you fancy but shouldn't" thread.

Shudder.

6. Aye. Top chebs!

7. Yeah nice piccy, but surely to name the new ship Queen Elizabeth 3, is wrong as so far we,ve only had two monarchs of that name, and yes yes I know it,s to show this is ship number 3 to bear the name but still...........................

8. Is that the Royal 'we'? As in the English? Much as I am a faithful and loyal subject and servant of the crown etc etc etc HM the Queen is still only Queen Elizabeth as no other monarch has borne the name whilst ruling over this island.

9. The Ship will only be called the Queen Elizabeth. The '3' suffix is unofficially used. It would be called the QE3 if the QE or QE2 had still been in service but they aren't, hence just the QE

It is an exact copy of tthe Queen Victoria except blue carpets instead of red!

One of the new Aircraft carriers will be called HMS Queen Elizabeth, hope the boarding cards don't get mixed up!

10. Errm! arnt you forgeting Elizabeth 1?, daughter of Henry 8. I seem to recall she was quite real.

11. I like it although it seems to me at least that while it has impressionist roots in the style, there is a great attention to details in the face than the rest of the piece (quite naturally) which i find a little distracting. Good effort "lion" sticker to the artist.

12. Looks like a Sixth Form Art project.