Latest London Strikes

As this is very much the hot topical debate, not only on arrse but on many other forums what alternative plan's have other's in place to deal with this, I'm currently fortunate enough to be on leave so will not be affected (as such)

Arrser's Contingency plans?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It's not just London going on strike, it's most of the country with 1000's of the twats coming to London to get a good shoeing from the OB hopefully.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Rail strikes? Teachers strikes? Give me a clue
Do you not read the papers or watch the news? Around 750,000 teachers, council workers and assorted other union ******* are descending on London again, just like they did a couple of months ago, along with the like of UK Uncut and the usual dregs from the anarchy groups to "peacefully" march around the West End. As usual, none of the potential troublemakers have been invited by the legitmate protestor, just like last time!!

Travelgall

MIA
Kit Reviewer
My contingency plans consisted of getting married and going off on my Honeymoon for three weeks. Off this Friday. Bit extreme you may say, but it will take more than a bunch of brainless Bolsheviks to screw with Travelgall.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
My contingency plans consisted of getting married and going off on my Honeymoon for three weeks. Off this Friday. Bit extreme you may say, but it will take more than a bunch of brainless Bolsheviks to screw with Travelgall.
Shame, the strikes/protests take place tomorrow, Thursday, ^^

It's such a coincidence that these strikes are all happening at the same time. :) .Suppose it gets them over with.
The thing is, most people will blame the strikers for the inconveniences caused, but not the reasons for the strikes.

Will anyone notice any difference with 750,000 public sector workers on strike?
The ones who stay in work will have a bit of peace and quiet to get things done. Efficiency and output should improve dramatically....

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
mmmmmm Thursday, Sat in Leafy Highgate , looking at the totty and having a chilled beer Strickers Pah......

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm looking forward to it. You always get to see some young fit chicks, not wearing much clothing. It's a pervs paradise. Oh and getting to see some violence without the need of a TV licence.

Joker fancy meeting up for a coffee tomorrow?

Travelgall

MIA
Kit Reviewer
Shame, the strikes/protests take place tomorrow, Thursday, ^^
That's only round one. Like Tube Drivers they'll get into the habit, a bit of a jolly in the sunshine followed by a long weekend. Bet they'll be off Next Thursday too.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm looking forward to it. You always get to see some young fit chicks, not wearing much clothing. It's a pervs paradise. Oh and getting to see some violence without the need of a TV licence.

Joker fancy meeting up for a coffee tomorrow?
Would do, but I'm on nights from tomorrow. Ref the bold, I hope it fkin pisses down tomorrow, all the time these tossers are protesting, they might just fcuk off home earlier than they did last time.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
That's only round one. Like Tube Drivers they'll get into the habit, a bit of a jolly in the sunshine followed by a long weekend. Bet they'll be off Next Thursday too.
Only June 30th planned so far, it takes them a while to plan these, so you might be back in time for the next one :)

As far as I'm concerned, the strikers can cripple London as much as they like.

The rest of the country seems to cope fine. It's almost as if London isn't the centre of the universe.

The rest of the country seems to cope fine. It's almost as if London isn't the centre of the universe.
You may have a fair & valid point in reference to the rest of the Country,

However, due to the fact the 'largest' protest's will be targetting HoP and surrounding area's the media blood sucking media will mainly only focus on this and that particluar reason, it makes news etc

Especially if all those anarchists take advantage of the situation as they always d...

It'll be interesting to see if the scenes in Greece in the media will be repeated in the UK tomorrow?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

If your bins are due to be emptied tomorrow, it ain't gonna happen now, especially as the protestors are coming from all over the country. I'm not that bothered TBH, as I'll be in bed when they get here ^^