Latest honours list

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by smokerjim, Dec 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With the latest honours list being published, can someone please explain to me why Cherie Blair is deserving of a CBE? I didn't think awards were given for hoovering up sacks of cash, & setting yourself up nicely.

Who do you think deserves a clout instead of a "K", or has earned their gong from expertise in Arselikhan, not inspiration?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using ARRSE mobile app
  2. Looks like Michael Winner was right after all... they really do dish them out to toilet cleaners.

I'll be honest, I'm suprised Tony has been knighted yet.
  3. Kate Bush finally makes the list!
    • Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Cherie (Fucking) Bliar? I really thought you were joking. The whole system is now void.
  5. Sir Bradley Wiggins! Can't wait to see what he wears to the Palace.

Happy with the Olympians... yet to browse the military list, knowing this yet another year without I can't be arrsed.
  6. It's amazing how people who hardly anyone had heard of six months ago have gone from fuck all to Buck House after two weeks of running and jumping - and after already being showered with trinkets and adulation. As one of the BBC News 24 presenters has just noted: 'It's a funny system.' It most certainly is - and not in a 'ha ha' kind of way.
    • Like Like x 6
  7. Miss Mridul HEGDE Director, Financial Stability, HM Treasury.
    For services to the Stabilisation of the
    British Banking System...
  8. A qualifying attribute for a fair few on the list.
  9. So Hogan-Howe's scramble back to blighty to safeguard his "K" unfortunately worked.
  10. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Tragic!
  11. I can't even fucking pronounce that!