Latest honours list

With the latest honours list being published, can someone please explain to me why Cherie Blair is deserving of a CBE? I didn't think awards were given for hoovering up sacks of cash, & setting yourself up nicely.

Who do you think deserves a clout instead of a "K", or has earned their gong from expertise in Arselikhan, not inspiration?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using ARRSE mobile app

Looks like Michael Winner was right after all... they really do dish them out to toilet cleaners.

I'll be honest, I'm suprised Tony has been knighted yet.

Sir Bradley Wiggins! Can't wait to see what he wears to the Palace.

Happy with the Olympians... yet to browse the military list, knowing this yet another year without I can't be arrsed.

It's amazing how people who hardly anyone had heard of six months ago have gone from fuck all to Buck House after two weeks of running and jumping - and after already being showered with trinkets and adulation. As one of the BBC News 24 presenters has just noted: 'It's a funny system.' It most certainly is - and not in a 'ha ha' kind of way.

Ms Shahnaz ALI OBE, Senior Lead in Equality and Diversity, NHS North West. For services to Equality and Diversity.

Now there's a job for me when I get out. I bet Shahnaz is a laugh-a-minute.