Latest clever idea

mso

LE
Turns out individual pay sheets are getting the chop from April next year.

That'll be no additional work put in during the week then...

MasserLE

Old-Salt
Yes pay sheets are being canned - my lot will be one of the Regiments trailing it.
To say even the PSAO has reservations - which is worrying is an understatement.
For example how you get paid for doing any work at home, at work, or even a non training weekend with say another unit is unclear.

The system doesn't yet work, the start date has already gone back at least two months.

It doesn't work with Apple phones - because everyone in the army has an android phone, try downloading anything from Armynet - android only.

But it is progress and that's a good thing

303rifleman

Old-Salt
Supposedly RAPS live 01 04 17 and on 01 04 18 its use will be mandatory the only way of generating your notice to attend, attendance and mustering. & Pay. We shall see!!!!

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer
Joyous!

303rifleman

Old-Salt
ABN 96/16 about RAPS went out months ago July, sounds like units need to get with the programme soon!

EXTRACT FOR UNIT ROUTINE ORDERS

3. The following is to be repeated in Unit Routine Orders:

Reserve Attendance and Pay Service RAPS

The way in which Army Reserve attendance is recorded and processed is being overhauled under Project RAPS (Reserve Attendance and Pay Service). The vision is to introduce electronic attendance record keeping, accessible to both Reservists and unit staff over the internet, and allow the seamless transfer of attendance information from Churchill to JPA.

This will reduce staff effort and the scope for pay errors. Project RAPS will improve and standardise the process by which Army Reserve personnel are invited to attend events, how attendance is recorded and subsequently processed for payment.

mso

LE
Presumably we will be able to access it from an army supplied DII laptop or issued phone and print things off on the printer they will supply?

It seems to me that the changes being foisted on the AR are so complex and rapid that the only people who can keep up are those on FTRS with permanent access to DII.

Is this the plan for the future use of the AR, to do away with those who can only make a limited commitment?

Yes pay sheets are being canned - my lot will be one of the Regiments trailing it.
To say even the PSAO has reservations - which is worrying is an understatement.
For example how you get paid for doing any work at home, at work, or even a non training weekend with say another unit is unclear.

The system doesn't yet work, the start date has already gone back at least two months.

It doesn't work with Apple phones - because everyone in the army has an android phone, try downloading anything from Armynet - android only.

But it is progress and that's a good thing
As a Reserve, what work do you do at home, sit in a bush in the garden for a few hours? Do you have your own bus to get on and off lots?

mso

LE
As a Reserve, what work do you do at home, sit in a bush in the garden for a few hours? Do you have your own bus to get on and off lots?
I routinely feel the need to paint the kerb stones.

I routinely feel the need to paint the kerb stones.
Do you own a lambeg, bowler hat and crimplene suit?

If this is as I suspect a live 'clock in/out' type system, then who is going to pay for the data connection? How easy will it be to correct when someone forgets, and what verification process will be in place for audit?

MasserLE

Old-Salt
If this is as I suspect a live 'clock in/out' type system, then who is going to pay for the data connection? How easy will it be to correct when someone forgets, and what verification process will be in place for audit?
At a guess this is probably why it hasn't gone live yet
And several reasons why it will end up being a back up for the "reliable" paper system currently in use

Tom9748

Old-Salt
Putting together a Lesson Plan,completing a Risk Assessment for a PT session beginning at the start of an evening for instance!!

Robme

LE
Only new here, but it's the law that an employee gets a pay slip, or are you on about some other pay sheet mechanism

A Vision. Splendid.
JAMES started out as a vision, unfortunately the vision concerned was a wet dream for those that pushed for it and became a ******* nightmare for those that have to use it (ditto MOSS, Dii, JPA, MJDI and every other latest, greatest thing).
Anyway, RAPS? Have they deliberately left the "E" out....?

mso

LE
Only new here, but it's the law that an employee gets a pay slip, or are you on about some other pay sheet mechanism
It's more of a time recording system. Currently paper based and simple...

Strictly speaking it's an attendance register.

303rifleman

Old-Salt
As far as I can see it the reserves can not yet Grasp, Notice to attend, respond, attend/or not/ verify attendance and complete Attendance register without using a Crayola crayon and crossings out, turning 2 hr attendance into a half day attendance etc. The AR's I see are the biggest Jackanory Story you could contrive, signed off by authorising Officers that have no idea of Reserve Regulations. The Army wants to stop auditing JPA Claims (for a bridge crossing to Wales) or a (packet of sandwiches) and look closely at Attendance Registers that is where money is being defrauded big time..

Latest Threads