Latest Army ad on TV

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by The-Lord-Flasheart, Oct 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just watched the latest British Army advert on TV and was confused to see them use what looked like a shiny silver civvy Hercules and what appeared to be either a Spanish or South African Puma/Oryx. Definately not UK.

Now I know our Hercs and Pumas are in short supply but firstly, why not use our aircraft (there are actually some knocking around the UK) and secondly, how much did it cost to the production company to 'sub-let' or hire these aircraft for the production of a British Army advert?

2. They are not new just being re-run, Yes the HERC is not ours! Chilean to be exact as is the chopper in the rescue scene. The entire scenes less the bridge at the end were filmed in Chile using soldiers from the Staffords, Paras, RGJ and a mix of Argylls and Green Howards. They all had a cracking time over there, i know i was there.

3. The para didn't forward assist when he made ready neither. Slack drills there!

4. Why did they do it in Chile? Still, not a bad little jolly I'll bet!

5. Ah, I see. Thanks for that, The_Honest_Man.

Which beggars the question; how much did that cost??

Its great to hear you and the lads had a great time (far too few jollies nowadays) but I still can't get me head round why we went to Chile ffs?!?

6. Preparing to invade Argentina? :)

7. "Where's Frank?"

8. I think he signed off a while ago, went to work on the massive oil rig - the one with the mate of a mate working on it for £100k a year.

9. you dont have to forward assist on an A2!!!!!!!

Slack knowledge there... remedial fat head boiling