Lateral transfer ??

Discussion in 'US' started by remounter, Jun 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Just a quick one for you guys. Do you know if the US Armed Forces has a lateral transfer program for the Brits similar to the Aussies and Canadians.

    If it does any details would be highly appreciated.

    (Royal Engineers)
  2. another sapper would be interested in any details anyone has
  3. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    Not sure if its a transfer or discharge and enlist type affair!
  4. thanks guys this was the first thread I saw when I opened this board to do some digging. Have now waded through all 16 pages and the situation's as clear as mud.

    Saw the following post on this thread

    So it was certainly possible 12 months ago but unless anyone's got any more information I think I'll have to stick to the original plan and visit a recruitment office when I visit my old man over there later in the year.

    Does anyone know where I stand with my grandfather having been a resident since 1985 and my Dad now being married to an American having been living there since the late 80's/early 90's