Lateral thinking footballers please!

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Queensman, Mar 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now then, what the fcuk could this be about?........

It's quite simple, and I'm being both idle and dim (not being of a round ball persuasion): I'm trying to complete a Pub Quiz set by my local. I need the names of two football teams please (from the British Isles); the clues are:

1. 'Smashes up cars'

2. 'Dillon's side kick'

To give you a steer, others have been:
    'Heavy weight toilet' = Luton
    'Cotton factories barrier' = Millwall
    'Professor of rollers' = Doncaster

I've got to hand it in tonight, so any help gratefully received!
  2. 1 Wrexham?

2 If this refers to the television series 'Gunsmoke', Matt Dillon's sidekick was Doc Adams. How you get a football team out of that I don't know.
  3. LJ,
    Funnily enough, Wrexham had crossed my mind - but I can't justify it. I've been pondering teams that are So-and-so Rovers, or have 'ford' in their name, but am at a stand still. Re Gunsmoke - good one, but how do we get a soccer team out of it? Fcuk knows!
  4. It's not Doc Adams it's Chester as played by Dennis Weaver who later became McCloud. Hope this helps.
  5. Queensman,

Isn't Wrexham (=wrecks 'em) close enough? Still pondering on the other without much luck. Still, better than working.
  6. Ahh Diehard, thanks! I was locked into thinking about the earlier episodes - completely forgot about that.

Bugger, this means I've got to do some work now.
  7. Top fellow, that man from the 4th Battalion!! - Are you really that old? Thank you very much!!

Wrexham is a hot favourite, but I'm now thinking of Scarborough - anagram of 'CARS' at the front?

Vauxhall? Rovers? Ford? Jeez

Carluke Rovers, Peebles Rovers, Threave Rovers, Auchinleck Talbot, Tarff Rovers, - Does anyone speak Scottish? If so, do any of the above mean 'to smash up' in Garlic?
  8. Has Bangor got a team?

Stock car racing.....?

Derby - rings a bell for car racing?