Late Paul Swindells ex RAMC Lab Tech

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Longlostlabtech, Aug 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just read about the sad passing away of an old comrade, Paul Swindells (ex lab tech) on the RAMC reunited web site.

A legend in his cadre during his service, the coin trick will never be the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP Paul
  2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

RIP Paul, will be sadly missed.

"A Corps Character- to say the least!"

In Arduis Fidelis
  3. Can someone let me know what happened. A cracking guy, we were at Woolwich as part of the gang, had some fantastic times, never to be forgotten.

RIP mucker, Condolences to all the family.

4. Went outside for a break and did not return; massive MI apparently.

If you need the funeral details - send me a PM.
  5. It would be fitting if the MOD could change the title of the thread accurately to reflect Paul's surname; he was Paul Swindells
  6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

7. I know that I met this chap. I can't think where.Can someone give me a potted history via PM?
  8. Thank you
  9. Was he married to Janet (RADC) posted to Dortmund circa 90-92.

10. NO!
  11. Paul was one of those legendary Corps characters (back when characters were allowed) whom I'm not sure if I've met or not. Certainly his coin trick was well known throughout the Corps and much spoken about at Corps Rugby and many friends from Woolwich regularly spoke of him; sometimes a name becomes so familiar you're not quite sure if you have met or not.
    Paul, you were known and respected by many and a subject of scepticism amongst urologists the length and breadth of the country! Rest easy.
  12. It's amazing what you find out by accident. Found ARRSE by accident tonight and the first thing I discover is that an old room mate has passed away. Soory to hear you have left us Paul, Millbank would have been a far more boring place to do a lab 3 course without you. A sad loss to us all
  13. Sad news to come back to, old mate. Does his record of £10.40 still stand? We should remember that it was in the old BIG 10p's...

A star.
  14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I would like to think so!
  15. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

We've just had this be email. Anyone able to help? If so then please drop us an email

P.S I think I can guess what the coin trick was and think it is fairly safe to say they don't want any photos of that!
    • Like Like x 3