Late 90s, early 00s army documentry

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by 5.56mm, Feb 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,
    In the late 90's early 00's there was a TV reality /documnetary that followed a group of people through training or an insight into the Army, can't quite remember. It wasn't bad lads either just normal people. I was wondering if anyone remembered this and could point me in the direction of a link to watch it again, as what I can remember it was great.
  2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

3. Nope, normal infantry.
  4. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

I think i remember the one? Followed a group through phase 1, then a slect number who went onto CIC at Catterick? No idea what it was called, but if i recall correctly, one of the catterick lads had had his mum murdered by his dad at a young age, so therefore pictured his dad as the bayonet target. Broke quite a few bayonets i think...
  5. Soldiers to be
  6. I really would like ot see it again.
  7. Whats that about?
  8. [no wah] That was the name of the programme
  9. Still no luck..can't even find it on youtube!
  10. Is that the one that had the civvy slappers in random pubs in Colchester?
  11. Yes called Soldiers to be. Followed the training of recruits with the RGJ and LI at Winchester. I have a few episodes on VHS somewhere around the house.
  12. The one that had the Billy Bragg song at the end ? Come to think of it, I think he narrated it.
    It followed two groups, one lot at Winchester and the other lot at Pirbright.
  13. Anyone got an internet link to it?