Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Lat Long finder

Right you've got GPS but unfortunately for you, your fate is in the non too steady hands of my pal, Vasco

Never fear because help is here: Feed your co-ordinates into this little gem and hey presto it will even produce a little map - or chart if Vasco is involved...

CLICKY LINKY

Useful if you are daft enough to buy a GPS that only gives out lat and long.

Mine does map co-ord and for an extra couple of quid you can get one that produces a litle map in the palm of your hand.

chocolate_frog said:

Mine does map co-ord and for an extra couple of quid you can get one that produces a litle map in the palm of your hand.

And at a junction, while indicating left, look right. Traffic from right - none- blink-blink-blink you let the clutch out (been balancing it) press on the gas...

turn the wheel (oh f*ck its got power steering) and nose out left....

mirrrors? before during after???...

did ye smudge that print out in yer palm?

Get a fkn co-pilot/nav chap!!! Or pullover...

(a jumper is different)

Your solution would be??? (I'm wrecked from a nite on the razz) I will need this advice by 1700hrs....

Pulleese....?? Purty Puleese??....

Sparky2339 said:
chocolate_frog said:

And at a junction, while indicating left, look right. Traffic from right - none- blink-blink-blink you let the clutch out (been balancing it) press on the gas...

turn the wheel (oh f*ck its got power steering) and nose out left....

mirrrors? before during after???...

did ye smudge that print out in yer palm?

Get a fkn co-pilot/nav chap!!! Or pullover...

(a jumper is different)

Your solution would be??? (I'm wrecked from a nite on the razz) I will need this advice by 1700hrs....

Pulleese....?? Purty Puleese??....

I have no idea what you are waffleing about.

Please elaborate.

For the record, I have a handheld GPS that kicks out grid co-ords. Used on occaision in the field, or when I am co-driving in a wagon.

For Road work, I plan the route, write out a route card, and pull over to check said route card if I feel the need, or I can check the map.

Pulleese allow the smack you ave been taking by the bucket load (it would seem) to wear off before reposting. Purty Puleese.