Last Viet-Nam era draftee retiring from US Army

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fireplace, Jul 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I saw this on the news along with the 76 ear old edic whos done four operational tours in both iraq & afganistan

hes thinking about doing a fifth if he can fit it in before his 80th
  2. The last US Vietnam era draftee is retiring you mean. You forget that the US was not the only nation in that pointless war.
  3. to be fair it does say from US Army in title
  4. To coin a yank phrase, my bad! Didn't see that bit for some reason! :blush:
  5. Pointless war! so it's not a new idea then.
  6. What do you mean pointless? We got some brilliant films out of it. And the soundtrack was awesome!
  7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It's true, if it wasn't for Nam, where else would gap year students get to go and fuck little boys and shoot AK47s?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I must have missed those films then!
  9. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You never saw Forrest Gump? Come on, it's awesome, it's about a mong who fucks an AIDS ridden whore and spawns that weird kid from 6th Sense.

I think there may have even been some tits in it if memory serves correctly.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. If there had been tits I am sure I would have seen it!
  11. wait you can shoot AKs as well god I feel ripped off
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Well it's only the 37th ranking oil producer in the world so Uncle Sam must have looking to "protect" something else. BTW Happy 4th July !!!
  13. just read the articule, seems like a decent bloke. good for him, happy retirement.
  14. John Rambo?