Last unexplored places on earth?

I've been to Skipton a few times during my numerous dallies to the lawless north, it's quite pleasant down by the river and The Woolly Sheep isn't bad but there's a few rough spots. Fancy countryside too, I even bumped into the Mayor but forgot to ask if he knew about a certain chap in the opposition.

To keep with the thread, I fancy most of Siberia is still very mysterious, I'm surprised nobodies mentioned it, I spose it's a less popular topic than the Amazon due to the Cold War yet it's far bigger. Apparently they found a dead warrior from the Golden Horde in the Gobi too, it's amazing that he lay undisturbed for a few hundred years.

DC

There are quite extensive areas of the west coast of Tasmania, the most southern state of Australia, where no-one has walked, or likely to walk. It is covered in what is called "horizontal scrub" which is a bush that grows vertically for about 6' or so then branches out horizontally and intertwines so extensively that it is impenetrable.

When the state electricity authority decided it would be a good idea to put some dams on rivers in the area they sent in D9 Caterpillar bulldozers. They were able to move on top of the intertwined mass without breaking through. When they tried using the ripper blade to pull it out, the blade broke. Alternate routes were sought where possible or blasting was used to get to the undergrowth.

It was only a year or two ago that aviation maps for the south-west area of the state had the note, "Topographical data uncertain", removed.

Camp Hill Estate, Nuneaton is yet to be fully charted! However; would be explorers be on your guard, as the natives are restless and are likely to utter obcenities at you at the drop of a hat! Good luck in your endeavours.

There's still undiscovered tribes living in the Amazon that have gone thousands of years without outside contact. And I believe there is still hundreds of pacific islands that people have yet to step foot on

80% of the ocean floors also remain undiscovered.
I bet they have mobile 'phones though!

'meanwhile, Admiralty charts always used to show date of original survey and who by. Used one where Captain James Cook was taking the credit.'

Did a night exercise in Italy inthe mid-70s where the maps the Italian Army issued us had been last surveyed by the Wehrmacht in 1943! Strangely enough, the countryside was considerably different to the map!

Btw, the Blackadder with the map sketch was in Blackadder 2 when Edmund goes on a voyage of discovery (Jon Pertwee was the ship's captain IIRC). Lord Melchett hands him a map 'drawn by their best cartographers'. The map is, of course, totally blank and Blackadder is told to 'just fill in the gaps as you go along'.

There's still undiscovered tribes living in the Amazon that have gone thousands of years without outside contact. And I believe there is still hundreds of pacific islands that people have yet to step foot on

How do you know? If they are undiscovered then no one knows if they are actually there or not.

New and improved bollocks every day on here :)

How do you know? If they are undiscovered then no one knows if they are actually there or not.

possibly uncontacted would be a better phrase

Not to mention certain parts of the South Wales Valleys. Take phillipstown (aka Monkey Island), it's been untouched by any form of organised civilisation for years.

^^ Uncontacted then...whatever.

There was a picture a few months back from a plane that had flown over a largely unexplored area and it was of a load of people from an unknown tribe pointing bows and arrows at it, seemingly terrified.

Not to mention certain parts of the South Wales Valleys. Take phillipstown (aka Monkey Island), it's been untouched by any form of organised civilisation for years.
I know someone who once bravely ventured into South Wales. I've never seen him since. I think its fair to assume he was captured by the natives, wrapped up in wool and has a severely torn rectum.