• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Last unexplored places on earth?

I found an old map today from 1830 which shows parts of the centre of africa and australia not even filled in and it got me to thinking- is there any parts of the earth that are yet unexplored?

Most of the world has been overflown and now google earth can show you everywhere (albeit some places in low quality) But are there areas that are still recorded as not having been physically visited?

I found an old map today from 1830 which shows parts of the centre of africa and australia not even filled in and it got me to thinking- is there any parts of the earth that are yet unexplored?

Most of the world has been overflown and now google earth can show you everywhere (albeit some places in low quality) But are there areas that are still recorded as not having been physically visited?
Must be some unexplored caves left, maybe some unpenetrated jungle too.

interesting reading.

"Their weaponry consists of javelins, and a flatbow with high accuracy against human-sized targets up to nearly 100 metres"

I wonder how they found out about that?
Probably from this bit of the article you quoted

In 2006, Sentinelese archers killed two fishermen who were fishing illegally within range of the island, and drove off with a hail of arrows the helicopter that was sent to retrieve their bodies. To this date, their bodies remain unrecovered, although the downdraught from the helicopter's rotors at the time exposed the two fishermen, who had been buried in shallow graves by the Sentinelese.
Reading not one of your strong points?

Much of the Amazon Jungle. I was with their Army as a visitor thirty odd years ago, and offered helicopter trips into the Jungle to hunt endangered big cats, using their version of our SLRs! WTF! Another world..

Latest Threads