Last trip to careers office afore a go...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by short_pedestrian, Apr 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I was sent my army number and told to turn up smartly dressed at the careers office and it says on the letter they will ask questions. Are they just checks sorta thing?

2. It's a spelling and punctuation test. If I were you, I wouldn't bother going.

3. I knew that was coming. I know i suck at spelling and punctuation i don't need you to tell me. Why do people just get abuse when they come on here?

4. That is what here is for. If you can't hack this easy and simple stuff, you will never be easy with the sort of conduct that makes a brutal and licentious life bearable.
    Why the concern at what the test is and is not? Not all situations have the answers at the back. Go there, sit down, use your ears and then apply your brain. If you have to rehearse everything, you're not going to be much use to the Army.

5. i just dont see why people want to sit and state the obvious about punctuation and spelling.

6. SP, if you knew it was coming, why didnt you take a little more care before posting. In fairness, you are far from the worst offender in this regard, and you'll probably be ok, but abuse is part and parcel of service life, dont let it get to you.

7. Well to be truthful mate, thats the sort of **** people your going to be dealing with for however long you decide to stay in - although there are also a lot of decent blokes. If they get upset over spelling on an informal forum like this (where people have handles such as mine), just think what they will be like to work for!

Good luck,

A_L

8. I take it you have attended RSC and passed if you have been sent your Army number. Are you sure that you are not going to attend your attestation and swear the oath of allegience? If they havent given you any details then just assume that they will ask you your reasons for joining and maybe a bit about your Regiment/Corps choice. or they might just bamboozle and harrass you with questions! ;)

9. I suppose. Anyway apart from me being awful at spelling and punctuation does anyone have an answer to the thread question at all? thanks.

10. Why dont you just give your recruiter a ring and ask him/her what its all about?

11. Sorry u must have posted while i was typing mine! Thanks for your help, appreciated :)

12. No problem, dont be put off asking any questions on here just because people take the pish! Its one of the good things about this site and make some of the more bone posts a bit more entertaining. Take it, give it back and dont ever take any of it seriously. It'll stand you in good stead for when you join the army. Good Luck.

13. Just remember one thing - whilst your in take advantage of the Education Centre. My spelling and grammar was a lot worse than yours when I joined up - now I'm at uni.

A_L

14. Will do. I certainly need it lol.

15. I have my oath in 2 weeks... :D I'm assuming this is where you can read the small print to your contract?