Last Survivor Of The Titanic Dies

My Great Uncle died on the Titanic many years before I was born. I once relayed this conversation to a bird I was chatting up, who responded "That's so sad. Were you close?"

On a more serious note, I think this in itself is a bit of a non-story - but it's saddening to see that generation passing on (and somewhat frightening, having seen the replacements).

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
DeltaDog said:
I once relayed this conversation to a bird I was chatting up, who responded "That's so sad. Were you close?"
[wind]

Sank like a stone that joke.

DeltaDog said:
On a more serious note, I think this in itself is a bit of a non-story - but it's saddening to see that generation passing on (and somewhat frightening, having seen the replacements).
Well, it's an event that certainly captured and held the interest of the entire Western world for a century - I supposed it deserves to be noted when the last living link with the event passes.

More interesting that Jordan's flucking divorce, anyway.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
TankiesYank said:
More interesting that Jordan's flucking divorce, anyway.
Is that where the involved parties stay together, but shagging is out of the window/question? :twisted: :twisted:

Edit to add. Apologies, this isn't the Naafi, and I didn't look at the forum heading before I posted. :oops: