Last serving Indian Army officer?

_Chimurenga_

LE
Gallery Guru
Following up on something @SAKR_AL_AMN mentioned, it has got me wondering.

Who was the last Indian Army officer still serving in some sort of official capacity in HM Forces?

Ray Barker-Schofield (he of tv documentary fame) was originally commissioned into the Indian Army in 1943 and, a few years after Partition, would be commissioned into the Manchester Regiment. As late as 1973, he was still serving as the chief of the Dhofar Gendarmerie with the knowledge and blessing of HMG.

I'm guessing the guy in question could actually be a Kings/Queens Gurkha Officer in one of the Gurkha Regiments that the British Army kept after 1947?

While I would assume that any British officer serving with one of the transferred Gurkha Rifles regiments would have just been automatically swapped from the Indian List to the Army List when their regiments went across, there would have been a number already beyond RD rank who served for a long time on the Staff as well.

As a supplementary question, when did the last Brit officer leave the Indian or Pakistan Army, bearing in mind they were virtually all still serving during the Indo/Pak war of 1948, on both sides, albeit 'on leave' for the duration of said war, as it was deemed by the governments of all three states that the Brits should not fight each other. Stories abound of officers taking 'walking tours' to see how their units were getting on.

While I would assume that any British officer serving with one of the transferred Gurkha Rifles regiments would have just been automatically swapped from the Indian List to the Army List when their regiments went across, there would have been a number already beyond RD rank who served for a long time on the Staff as well.

As a supplementary question, when did the last Brit officer leave the Indian or Pakistan Army, bearing in mind they were virtually all still serving during the Indo/Pak war of 1948, on both sides, albeit 'on leave' for the duration of said war, as it was deemed by the governments of all three states that the Brits should not fight each other. Stories abound of officers taking 'walking tours' to see how their units were getting on.

Agreed , I put post up years ago about two serving UK Officers one with the Indian Artillery the other with the Pakistan Artillery , both taking leave at the same time to go "walking" .

1KOSB had a couple of ex-Indian Army officers still serving in the late 1960s.

I recall Brigadier (later Major General) 'Goff' Hamilton DSO., (he won his DSO as a young subaltern with The Guides on British India's North West Frontier in the 1930s) commanding Berlin Infantry Brigade 1959-61 - his wife, 'Molly' Kaye, wrote the best selling 'Far Pavilions'.