last resort

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Grumblegrunt, Apr 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

another conspiracy based series somewhat confusing in its plot lines but the base story had a lot of promise except as usual its been cancelled half way through - which I think was a shame as it could have done with seeing the series out I reckon.

as usual they come up with a reasonable idea then instead of just pitching for one series they try to make it last two or three which dilutes the plot lines and kills it before its done.

anyone else watched it?

2. On my download list, any good?

3. Grumblegrunt

the opening episode makes you go ooh a bit. then its hit and miss a bit like most progs finding their feet. apparently they were writing as they were filming so once they new it was unlikely to continue they straightened it out, I'm up to episode 10 and there are plenty of twists and turns in the sub plots so yeah not bad.

jericho on sea maybe :)

4. Saw the first double episode and although the premise was interesting enough, a couple of the characters got on my nerves and the plot had holes big enough to float a (cough cough) sub through. Gave it a wide berth after that, especially finding out the series was canned.

5. Grumblegrunt

still better that holby city though and US networks cancel programs for the oddest of reasons despite critical acclaim and reasonable if lower ratings than they started with, they shuffle programs about or try to pitch them against established shows when better empty non competative slots are there to get a following going. we had one here they kept moving until it ended up being double episodes on bbc2 after newsnight so they could finish the series off. there was one which IIRC doubled its viewing figures that way which was unintended but too late for the show.

some they can despite them having better ratings than many they kept. stargate atlantis for example then universe when it was finally sorting itself out. there's half a dozen good sci fi shows which could have been picked back up. the canadian primeval adult reboot is another half series which has just ended.

there was one show I mentioned ages ago which channel 5 was praising in its line up when they knew it had been cancelled before they got to show it. sky are good at that as well.

some reports are that last resort was mainly killed due to its having to be filmed on location in hawaii instead of a studio/backlot which made it expensive and awkward.

6. I'll give it a bash, got a week off so nothing lost.

7. No harm in having a sticky beak at it. It's not a total shocker.

8. Grumblegrunt

there's also walking dead series three, arrow, the following, person of interest series 2 and revolution to look at. dark skies isn't bad and there's 2 series so far. continuum I don't know if that is due up for series 2 as I've seen her on something else.

the vikings I've downloaded but not watched yet but has reasonable reviews, keep meaning to watch game of thrones.

9. Walking Dead 3 - Downloading as we speak
    Arrow - Download each episode
    POI - Waiting for series end to download
    Revolution - Series 1 downloaded and upto date with Series 2 - very good
    Continuum - Series 1 downloaded - very good, Series 2 starts April 12
    Dark Skies 1 - Downloaded and seen, did you mean Falling Skies? If so, S3 starts in June.
    The Following - on my list
    GOT 1 & 2 - downloaded and seen, exceptionally good, will wait to download the whole of S3
    Will have a look at The Vikings, cheers

10. I'm surprised you like it to be fair I tried but the characters and the whole premise of the story irritated me so much I couldn't get past the first episode.

Third series of game of thrones has just begun though I might suggest either taping it or watching it on anytime as Sky have gone mental with the ad breaks to the point where it spoiled the first episode (standard length episode was dragged out to 1hr 15mins on the planner?)

Also Elementary and Blue bloods get better and better as they go along IMHO.

11. Is it worth persevering with Revolution?
    I know it's very minor and petty and I love JJ Abrams stuff but just like lost I found it infuriating how ******* clean and fit and well the characters are despite how they are living and what they supposedly lived through.

12. If you've ever been on a submarine, Last Resort will be one of the funniest shows you've ever seen.

13. It does get better, twists and turns in the future episodes, as said, I've watched Series 1 and most of Series 2. Waiting for Blue Bloods 3 to finish airing and will download after. Elementary is just crazy, Jonny Lee Miller plays the part well.
    I'll just download GOT 3 as soon as it finishes.

14. Last resort started well and ended ok, the middle was just total drivel though. I had to stick with it just to see if it got any better.

15. Grumblegrunt

yeah mean't falling skies. good to see continuum is coming back I wasn't sure are she's popped up on something else and a film IIRC

are you running out of storage space as well then? I need to port some off my 2tb tv show network drive, allready got a book full of dvd's :)

I want to start over with ncis la and hawaii five O as I've lost track of it. ncis 10 is nearly done, longmire is due to startup soon I think and there's a new syfy thing starting soon which looks promising.