Last resort???

RezzaDue

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Before I and the rest of arrse start to make you rappidly question your existance on this planet, what on earth are you on about??

Before I and the rest of arrse start to make you rappidly question your existance on this planet, what on earth are you on about??
Abu Hamza?

Good thread, I doubt anyone else has thought to start one.

Assuming it is him we're talking about, it seems there is some common sense in the world

According to the FT, Hamza's lawyers are arguing he isn't mentally fit

“We were wholly unpersuaded that on the evidence that he was unfit to plead,” Sir John wrote. “If any potential unfitness to plead was emerging from a degenerative condition of the brain, the court concluded that the sooner he is put on trial the better.”

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Isn't Skegness the "Last Resort"?

Assuming it is him we're talking about, it seems there is some common sense in the world

According to the FT, Hamza's lawyers are arguing he isn't mentally fit

“We were wholly unpersuaded that on the evidence that he was unfit to plead,” Sir John wrote. “If any potential unfitness to plead was emerging from a degenerative condition of the brain, the court concluded that the sooner he is put on trial the better.”
Luckily the judge reviewing the case was of the mind that as the US has good medical facilities it would be best to get him there sharpish.

Thank goodness he is going somewhere that can give him the medical attention he deserves.

Think Henry II got it right when he shouted: “Who will rid me of this turbulent priest? Maybe Thersa May should try shouting the same words…………….

For God's sake haven’t you lot got rid of him yet? Suppose you could always launch him through the window of the Ecuadorian Embassy with a trebuchet - at least Assange will have someone to argue with.

oh come on whats not to like here, it's a win, win situation.
a free flight to the usa, a nice room (a cell) x3 meals a day and a bit of security to keep him safe.
ok so he's not going to be free ever again, but he will be away from here!
and what if he does get connected to the mains electricity?
that way he may get to see his 70 virgins quicker!!

Now I thought this thread was about the new American TV series about the most spacious ballistic missile submarine in the US Navy where :-

Not only do the phones work under water but hi def video conferencing is available too.

The Captain can fire Trident missiles wherever and whenever he wants.

Everybody has their own cabin.

The sub's radar can detect targets thousands of miles away - even when submerged

"Stealth mode" makes the sub invisible to sonar, radar and objects the sub collides with.

Anybody who has ever been on an "O" boat will be greatly amused. Clearly they have a need for an experienced matelot to explain what a submariner's shower is and how people look and smell after six weeks without a wash or change of clothes.

Let's see what him and his mates think of the British way of life now.